PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SUPPORTED STAFF POSITION
Responsible for providing IT customer service to Wycliffe Associates staff around the world. This includes maintaining and installing PCs, answering computer questions, identifying solutions to business needs, updating the helpdesk system, troubleshooting network problems, and assisting staff in their use of the computer. Periodic travel may be required.
1. Provides technology support for Wycliffe Associates staff around the world.
a. Patiently provides assistance when people have computer questions or problems.
b. Images, configures and deploys new PCs, including laptops and windows terminals.
c. Installs and configures peripherals, such as scanners, printers, and mobile devices.
d. Ensures assigned requests are logged in the helpdesk system and appropriately followed up on in a timely manner.
e. Provides orientation for new staff on the use of the computer and network resources.
f. Performs analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex computer problems for staff, and recommends and implements corrective solutions.
g. Assists staff in identifying technology solutions to meet their needs.
h. Develops and maintains documentation and procedures.
2. Supports and troubleshoots computer network and telecommunications technology.
a. Troubleshoots and supports PC and laptop hardware, performance issues, network access, SSL VPN connectivity, software applications, and email.
b. Administers and maintains network printers.
c. Assists in supporting and troubleshooting network equipment (i.e. switches, routers, cabling, etc).
d. Assists in the maintenance and support of servers running Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2008R2.
3. Updates the technology asset and software license database.
4. Works on other projects and tasks, including technology research and testing.
5. Learns about new technologies and actively looks for opportunities to improve skills.
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge:
1. Must have strong customer service skills, including the ability to patiently work with users with varying levels of computer skills.
2. Prior experience with remote technology support.
3. Minimum of 3 years experience in the IT field, particularly in computer and helpdesk support.
4. Knowledgeable and skilled with both computer hardware and software.
5. Management or supervisory experience desirable.
6. Must have strong experience with Windows XP/Windows 7 and Microsoft Office applications.
7. Experience in supporting TCP/IP networks.
8. Certifications, such as A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA/MCTS, and MCSE/MCITP are desirable.
9. Experience with Symantec Ghost, Symantec Antivirus, Exchange Server, SharePoint, IIS, Terminal Services, SSL VPNs, and database applications, desirable.
10. Must be a creative troubleshooter for both hardware and software issues.
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee. All positions require a personal commitment to Christ, evidenced by personal testimony.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Wycliffe Associates is using new technologies and highly skilled people to accelerate Bible Translation faster than our founders ever imagined possible. This includes providing national translators with Translation Acceleration Kits and Online Collaboration Systems to ensure they can communicate in "real time" with translation consultants across the world without interruption.
Worldwide, hundreds of millions of people are still waiting for a Bible to be written in their heart language. Translators are working throughou More...