This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Accounts Payable/Admin Clerk
Provision Ministry Group
Irvine, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/29/2011
Categories: Accounting - Administrative
Job Type: Full-Time
Provision Ministry Group is a faith-based organization and parent company to its five ministry partners, including Church Development Fund, Visioneering Studios, Stadia, Kairos Legacy Partners and Co:Mission Charitable Group Fund. Together we are working toward the goal of building the Kingdom of God through financial services, architectural and design services, and church planting. We are looking for a detailed-oriented individual to work in a fast-paced and busy environment. We offer a generous benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision and a 403(b) retirement savings plan. If you meet the qualifications below, please submit your resume to email@example.com or fax to 949/417-5904.
As a Christian organization, we require all candidates to sign a statement of faith consistent with our beliefs.
Under the direction of the Accounting Services Supervisor, the individual in this position is responsible for all performing Accounts Payable duties for Provision Ministry Group and its subsidiaries.
- Accurate invoice and related transaction entry from source documents, including inter-company entries, transaction and batch descriptions.
- Verify accuracy of general ledger account coding, as coded by the responsible department personnel.
- Determine weekly cash disbursements.
- Timely submission of all batches with necessary documentations to Accounting Services Supervisor.
- Timely processing of payments.
- Filing of all completed batches and check backup in a timely manner
- Reconcile A/P to the GL by the close of the third business day of the following month.
- Keep vendor and customer files current, including tax identification numbers, names, addresses, telephone numbers, ACH information and 1099 status.
- Process 1099s annually.
- Scanning of all pertinent A/P and other documents for electronic storage.
- Provide timely payables customer support to all entity staff and related fund contacts through telephone, e-mail and standard mail.
- Recording cash transactions for certain entities on a weekly basis.
- Preparation of all cash transfer forms for all entities.
- Provide general administrative support for the Accounting Dept and other departments as needed. The following is required:
- Composition of letters and documents in Word and Excel.
- Organization of data and filing of related documents.
- Complete corporate forms and compile required data.
- Identify improvement opportunities specifically related to your job function and recommend solutions.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- A living, vital faith in Jesus Christ
- Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years experience in accounts payable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Word, MS Excel and Accounting software programs.
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow
- Action and team oriented
- Experience with Great Plains Software
- Experience with scanning software
- Experience in a non-profit organization
This position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking reaching, twisting, turning, bending, and stooping in the performance of daily office activities. It also requires grasping, repetitive hand movements and fine coordination in providing financial reports and data using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near vision in reading computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, draft, and push files, paper and documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skill required of personnel so classified.