Director of Education and Training
visionSynergy’s focus is to equip the next generation of global Christian leaders with the vision and skills to launch collaborative initiatives for ministry and mission, reflecting the scriptural mandate for God’s people to work together in unity. visionSynergy accomplishes its mission by: 1) advising the formation and effective operation of ministry partnerships & networks; 2) mentoring and coaching specific network leaders; 3) developing and offering education and training resources to increase the collaborative capacity of ministry leadership in key sectors: higher education, church, and ministry organizations.
visionSynergy is recruiting a full-time, skilled and experienced education and training specialist to provide leadership for its higher education initiative and collaborative training programs. This position requires a person who has a strong, demonstrated background in leadership training and development. Ideally, s/he will have knowledge of traditional educational approaches as well as non-formal, on-line, and distance education. The candidate must have a proven ability and commitment to marketing and facilitating the widest possible participation in the collaborative training initiatives that are developed. S/he will have a high commitment to world evangelization, a strategic and innovative view of the role which education and training can play in realizing visionSynergy’s mission, strong relational, marketing and teaching skills, and personal spiritual maturity that undergirds thought and action.
This will be a senior staff person who has extensive experience in strategic planning, program development and evaluation, teaching and leadership development, team and time management. Remuneration will be based on experience but is commensurate with a position of significant organizational responsibility.
The person in this role should have demonstrated experience in the following areas in which they would provide leadership.
Higher Education and Training
In cooperation with the CEO and other VS team members, is responsible for the development of visionSynergy’s strategy to provide collaboration training for global Christian leaders through formal and non-formal programs, and for marketing these programs and resources for the widest possible impact. This would include but not be limited to:
• The continued development of visionSynergy’s higher education initiative (IPI), including strategic planning, marketing of resources to educational institutions worldwide, overseeing the development of college-level curriculum, training faculty, teaching workshops and developing a sustainable financial model for this initiative.
• The design, development and implementation of visionSynergy’s strategy to equip collaborative leaders in other sectors such as churches, ministry and philanthropic organizations.
• In cooperation with visionSynergy’s product development director, oversee and implement visionSynergy’s strategy for the development of workshops, courses, webinars and other training resources for these different sectors.
• The development and launch of a new mentoring program designed to train and mentor selected young global leaders to start and facilitate Kingdom-focused collaborative partnerships.
• The management of the Educational Liaison who is responsible for facilitating the ongoing relationships between visionSynergy and educational institutions worldwide.
• The management of the translation, contextual adaptation, and effective marketing of courses and training resources into nine primary languages as identified by the visionSynergy team.
• With other vS leadership, actively participates in organizational strategic planning, policy development, evaluation, and budget planning
• Contributes to financial development by writing proposals and meeting with potential funders, particularly concerning funding initiatives related to his/her program areas.
• Actively seeks opportunities to share visionSynergy’s story among his/her personal network in order to raise overall support for the organization
• Mature believer with deep commitment to world evangelization
• Demonstrated ability to implement a plan.
• Exhibits an innovative, creative, and an entrepreneurial spirit towards achieving program objectives.
• Has successfully directed a team with a substantial budget
• Has at least ten years professional experience and proven track record in primary area of responsibility
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to set and communicate vision and strategy
• Knowledge of and experience in international ministry
• Awareness of and ease in working with non-Western leadership and those for whom English is a second language
• Commitment to team camaraderie and the ability to offer his/her unique strengths to build up the team
• Deep commitment to inclusivity and Kingdom collaboration
• Proven skills in teaching, public presentations and relationship-building
• Effectively interacts with the leadership of peer organizations and professional networks
• Readiness to travel up to 30% of the time
• Based in Puget Sound – working out of Edmonds office when in town
Please send resume’ or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
GROUP PROGRAM DIRECTORS NEEDED – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
visionSynergy plays a unique role in the worldwide Christian movement as one of the few mission service organizations specifically dedicated to advancing ministry collaboration. visionSynergy empowers Christian organizations to work together for maximum impact by developing and strengthening strategic ministry networks and partnerships in critical areas of world mission.
The core of our work is providing advisory services for numerous multi-lateral networks and partnerships of Christian mission organizations. We act as More...