The Salem Web Network (SWN) is seeking an online editor in our Richmond, VA office.
This person will be responsible for producing and managing the content for several areas of Salem Web Network’s editorial websites focusing on Crosswalk.com and BibleStudyTools.com. We are seeking a candidate who is excited by the idea of delivering the highest quality content to a Christian audience and who will become a contributor to the vision and development of the SWN websites.
As an editor, you will assist in the selection of appropriate material for inclusion on the websites as well as write, edit and post articles. Daily duties will include interfacing with freelancers and other content providers, formatting and uploading articles, and helping to collect and edit material for our online publications and email newsletters.
The ideal candidate:
• Will have a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Communications (or equivalent experience) with at least 2 years experience in a related editorial field.
• Must be a self-starter, highly organized and detail-oriented with experience managing large editorial or web projects.
• Must have solid writing and editing skills.
• Will display a strong work ethic and operate productively in a team environment.
• Must demonstrate editorial innovation and creativity.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of our evangelical Christian audience members’ interests, behavior, and core values.
• Must be conversant in socio-cultural issues impacting the Christian Church.
• Will display an ability to interact with corporate and religious communities.
• Will show an understanding of Microsoft Office applications, social media websites and general internet practices.
Experience writing and editing on deadline is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package and a yearly salary range commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter, resume, 2-3 published clips to email@example.com, or fax to 804.205.9648, attn: Stephen McGarvey. No phone calls please.
• This is an editorial position, not a technical one although some basic technical training on our content management and operational systems will be part of the job.
• This position is located in our downtown Richmond, Virginia office and telecommuting will not be an option.
The SWN websites exist to offer the freshest and most compelling biblically-based content to Christians who take seriously their relationship with Christ. We work hard to provide timely, relevant, life-enhancing material from qualified, respected Christian sources, with an understanding that the Christian faith applies to all areas of life. The SWN editorial team creates and manages content for the following online brands:
Crosswalk.com offers content that helps Christians apply their faith to the daily issues they face in their church, family, community and culture.
BibleStudyTools.com offers the highest quality resources available for the study of the Scriptures.
Jesus.org (in development) looks to create a thorough set of resources in a question and answer format for those seeking information about the historical life of Jesus Christ and His place in our lives today.
theFish.com seeks to discuss the stories and music created by the entertainment world from a Christian perspective, as well as foster positive aspects of Christians’ involvement in the popular arts.
Christianity.com provides content that holds a high standard of Christian orthodoxy in the discussion of theology, apologetics and the essential principles of the Christian faith.
Content created by the SWN editorial team is syndicated to the Salem Communications “faith talk” and “fish format” radio station websites.
Salem Web Network is a division of Salem Communications, the nation’s largest Christian media company. As the leading provider of Christian and family-friendly content on the Internet, SWN operates over 50 websites.
Salem Communications is an equal opportunity employer.