This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Heavy Equipment Operators and Mechanics
Port Au Prince, ., Haiti
Date Posted: 07/19/2011
Categories: Contractor & Other Trades - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Haiti - The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible to operate various heavy equipment for SP Haiti; areas of responsibilities will include but not be limited to the operation and maintenance of equipment.. When appropriate, this position will provide support for Heavy Equipment Manager.
• To operate heavy equipment for projects in SP Haiti
• To safety protocols and up keep of safety logs .
• May assist in the training of national staff on use and safety related to operations of heavy equipment
• Maintain a lifestyle consistent with Jesus Christ in words and actions.
For Mechanics: Will repair and maintain heavy equipment used in the Rubble Removal project.
• Associates degree or equivalent; 1-2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• CDL License Class A or B
• Agreement and compliance with the Samaritan’s purse statement of faith and policies
• Minimum of 1 year proven experience in the area of heavy equipment operations
• Experience working in areas of construction, demolition or other related field, in a disaster context preferred
Length of contract: 12 months
Open until filled
Target date to the field: July-August 2011