This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Full time Bookkeeping/ Tax Preparer
Trust Business Systems, Inc.
Seminole, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/19/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
This position requires an organized person, with excellent computer skills and superior written and oral communication abilities. If that describes you, please keep reading.
Business Title: Bookkeeper/Tax Preparer
Job Summary: Full-time bookkeeping; tax preparation
1. Payables, receivables, payroll, monthly financial reports, bank reconciliations for various companies, individuals, and trusts.
2. Attend Board of Directors meetings and update corporate records books.
3. Set up ownership entities for clients as directed (i.e. s-corp.; LLC)
4. Identify the goals of current clients and improve their accounting systems, as appropriate. Assist in computing and gathering information for their tax prep.
5. Prepare corporate and personal income tax returns.
6. Prepare payroll tax forms.
7. Assist in implementing tax planning strategies recommended.
8. Develop systems for internal controls.
9. Coordinate with marketing regarding strategies for acquiring additional clients and/or accounting practices.
10. Shop for and maintain benefits enrollments for employees.
11. Scan paper files to e-files.
12. Prepare benefit statements annually or as requested.
13. Additional duties as requested/assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Strong organizational skills
2. Ability to prepare and interpret financial statements.
3. Familiarity with the benefits of various forms of business ownership.
4. Computer skills and ability to work with various accounting programs.
5. Willingness to work in full array of bookkeeping, accounting and tax functions.
6. General understanding of the securities and mortgage markets.
7. Comfort in communicating and relating to business owners and the affluent market.
8. Comprehension of business systems and focus on refining those systems.
9. Experience preparing personal and business tax returns
Please submit resume to: Attention Jim Barr email@example.com