This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Accountant / Accounting Supervisor
Church Resource Ministries
Anaheim, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/18/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Church Resource Ministries (CRM) is an international evangelical Christian non-profit organization dedicated to leadership support and training. Its mission, simply stated, is to empower leaders—wherever they may be found—to strengthen and multiply churches worldwide. The result is a following of the biblical mandate for world evangelization in every people group.
CRM leadership development and missionary teams work to identify, train, and mentor leaders, encouraging and equipping them to build churches that are dynamic, biblically strong, and committed to engaging and transforming their local community. The organization has approximately 400+ staff serving in 27 countries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position supports the various operations of the finance and accounting department by performing complex accounting services related to preparing, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing various financial statements; as well as providing management support for A/P, A/R, payroll, and G/L accounting. CRM operates in a fund accounting and donor support raising model. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage and coordinate accounting functions including: maintaining the general ledger and closing process, preparing financial statements, reconciling accounts, assisting with the annual audit, preparing GL entries, preparing special accounting reports and maintaining accounting records.
• Perform budget functions including: assisting with the preparation of the annual operating budgets, preparing budget spreadsheets, monitoring the budget, and preparing monthly budget vs actual reports.
• Supervise direct reports - including training, staff development and technical support.
• Review bank account reconciliation, including wire transfers and account transfers.
• Review GL journal entries, reconciling payroll entries
• Supervise expense reporting and coordinate field staff finance inquires and help desk requests for staff finances, payroll and ministry expenses.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• 3-5 years accounting experience (or related auditing experience), with preference towards experience in a non-profit environment, government, or church, including:
• Experience with fund accounting, MAS 90 accounting software (preferred)
• Supervision experience of direct reports
• High proficiency in Excel and spreadsheet management
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles related to non-profit or government accounting
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication and relational skills
• Strong leadership ability
• Ability to work well with a team and across diverse people groups
• Willingness to learn and serve
• High emotional intelligence and self-awareness
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business required
• CPA preferred, Big 4 auditing experience a plus