Provide overall management to Samaritan’s Purse activities in Bolivia, including project development, staff management, and implementation within organizational guidelines. Position requires commitment and understanding of SP Mission and Statement of Faith, as well as agreement and compliance with the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith and policies.
• Provide overall vision, management and leadership to SP activities in Bolivia.
• Provide professional representation for SP with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
• Maintain awareness and communicate legal and cultural requirements and ensure reasonable compliance of SP with the same.
• Ensure proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
• Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep SP informed of events, including crisis response options.
• Ensure appropriate supervision, support and direction for the effective engagement of all expatriate and national staff in their various assignments.
• Serve as director, executive administrator, and primary contact for country field projects.
• Monitor program effectiveness and financial accountability, and evaluate ongoing and new activities.
• Implement programs within the organizational guidelines of Samaritan’s Purse.
• Develop and implement staff reporting structure.
• Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the Regional Director.
• Conduct field assessments, identify needs, design and implement response plans, including project budgets and writing funding proposals.
• Develop new programs, identifying and pursuing potential funding and other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned SP projects.
• Ensure that stories and photographs are sent to the Regional Director on a regular basis to share with the Communications Department.
• Maintain profiles on all field staff, including emergency contact numbers and copies of passports and visas, performance reviews and exit interviews.
• Provide job descriptions for expatriate staff and make hiring / firing recommendations to Regional Director and Field Staff Coordinator.
• Implement field policies to ensure staff satisfaction, safety and security.
• Participate in emergency response and first insertion teams as needed.
• All other duties deemed necessary by the Regional Director.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 3-5 years' related international work experience; or equivalent combination.
• Twelve semester hours of approved Bible-related training.
• Fluent spoken and written English required, Spanish speaking skills desirable.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Above average communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team.
• Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel.
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
• Proven management and leadership experience.
• Diplomacy, negotiating skills.
Length of contract: 24 months
Target date to the field: July 2011
Open until filledUse these Links to learn more about the position for the Country Director, Bolivia (820) and to complete an Online Application