The Program Development Officer – Ecuador (PDO) will work in coordination with the Regional Program Development Unit. The PDO will focus on supporting and coordinating SP Ecuador as it relates to the pursuit, development and implementation of programs and grant proposals in Ecuador. The incumbent will provide consultation in processes related to program and grant proposals to include writing, editing and the compilation of lessons learned. The PDO will provide technical assistance to Samaritan’s Purse (SP) field offices in Ecuador during the project cycle and close-out process. This position reports to the Country Director.
• Work with CD/DCD office, implementers and Program Managers their units to develop programming and write proposals for SP–Ecuador field offices using current SP program models. The PDO will be called upon to write proposals and budgets with or without Program managers or other staff writers.
• Assist as needed in the program implementation of written proposals, including developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, reporting and close-out. Work with a Country M&E manager if available.
• Build capacity of SP-Ecuador field offices in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Build relationships on behalf of SP-Ecuador field offices with bilateral donors, International Non-governmental Organizations, and other agencies.
• Represent SP Ecuador in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor meetings.
• In conjunction with Finance, update SP Ecuador Program Managers and Technical Advisors regarding grant related rules and regulations of the field office and ensure awareness of all relevant meetings, progress and ideas being formulated.
• Ensure high-quality “field drafts” are produced in-line with timetables that allow for the input/review by the RPDO and PDUs technical advisors and the finance department.
• Ensure that the PMs or concept developers are working w/ the tech advisors and admin during the concept stage.
• Attend devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Other relevant duties as assigned by the Country Director.
• Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians
• Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports
• Knowledge of basic program development skills such as monitoring and evaluation; and
• Minimum of three years experience in program management
• Field experience in the implementation of relief and development programming
• Minimum of three years of cross-cultural experience
• English written and oral. Ability to communicate in Spanish for meetings with public and cluster groups
• Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such but not limited to the UN, CIDA, DFID and USAID, PADF, etc.
• Desire to help lead people to knowledge of Jesus Christ that transforms situations
• Master's degree in a Humanities or Social Science discipline
Length of contract: 12 months
Open until filled
Target date to the field: July 2011Use these Links to learn more about the position for the Program Development Officer, Ecuador (830) and to complete an Online Application