Kids Alive International - Major Donor Development Director
To build and lead a major donor program that encompasses individual major donors, churches, businesses, schools, foundations, artists, and radio stations. Will manage relationships and promote giving opportunities with Ministry Partners including to sustain
and increase the ministry of Kids Alive. Responsibilities include overseeing the activities of other development staff which includes managing our Director of Special Services and our Community Liaison Ministry Advancement person.
• Serves on core strategic leadership team and is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the organization’s fund-raising efforts through efforts of self and other development staff members.
• Responsible for the successful strategy, launch and on-going development of Church program.
• Responsible for fundraising on an assigned list of partners and raising funds according to strategic goals of the organization.
• Lead and supervise Special Services and Network and Donor areas of organization & team members.
• Implement donor cultivation strategies including identification, research, relationship building, stewardship encouragement, and philanthropic solicitation that can be leverage throughout the organization.
• Assist President with donor development strategies and communications for the President’s list of assigned donors.
• Attend KAI church events, speaking to congregations, mission committees, and church leadership to present sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
• Collaborate and work with Director of Marketing & Communications to ensure consistent, integrated and planned communication strategies are implemented.
• Attend special KAI donor development events as requested.
• Comply with ECFA standards for ethics and accountability in fundraising.
• 35% over night travel is required for both domestic and international travel.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Formalized donor development education is strongly preferred.
• Five years of successful donor fundraising experience, with applied knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques required.
• Computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with diplomacy and confidentiality with influential donors and diverse groups.
• Ability to solicit gifts and enhance partnerships with flexibility and creativity in various situations.
• Collaborate well in a team environment, handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
• Must be an evangelical Christian with ability to relate to the greater evangelical community in the USA and overseas.
• Commitment to the ministry of Kids Alive, a ministry that reflects the principles found in James 1:27 and has a passion to see every child and widow become productive godly men and women in their own country.
For a complete job description visit:
To submit a cover letter and resume, or for a full job description, please contact:
Mr. Jaime Clore
The Timothy Group
1663 Sutherland Dr. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508