This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church Mobilization Officer, Liberia
Boone, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 07/06/2011
Categories: Administrative - Management
Job Type: Full-Time
“In America, I exist in a world of comfort. I never wonder if I’ll eat three meals today or if I will survive childbirth. Because I don’t lack basic necessities or material things, it can be easy to ignore my spiritual depravity. My first trip to Africa reminded me of a truth I forget too often—I am a sinner and Jesus came to save me. Unlike me, the Liberian people experience need daily, but that means they are ripe to hear and receive the Gospel of Christ. They’re longing for a reason to hope!” http://bit.ly/mpxfW9
Samaritan’s Purse is working to minister to the people of Liberia. Join us in these efforts! Our office in Liberia currently has an opportunity for a Church Mobilization Officer. The Church Mobilization Officer, Member Care will report to the Country Director and work closely with the SP-Liberia Ministry Department/ Church Mobilization Program (CMP) Managers/ SP-Liberia Program Development Unit. 25% Expatriate staff member care and 75% General leadership of SP Liberia Integral Mission (IM)/ Church Mobilization Programming towards achievement of the following outputs:
* Research, development and dissemination of SP-L Model for Community Transformation
* Assist Ministry Department and CMP Managers in design of sector-specific church mobilization pilot projects and new ministry initiatives
* In partnership with SP-L Communications Officer, liaise with donor churches in the UK, USA, Canada, Germany, etc. for increased partnership/involvement in SP-L church mobilization, as per SP-L model for community transformation
* Develop Healthy Church Strategic Audit Tool for SP-L and utilize for SP-L church mobilization Pilot programming. Create linkages between ministry program sub-department capacity (CHE, Church Reconstruction, Training and Women’s Ministry) and CMP church capacity needs.
* Organization, dissemination of CMP Envisioning Curriculum training materials, initiate SP-L internal IM capacity building
* Consolidate SP-L community mobilization training materials, including PRA tools, and facilitate training.
* In partnership with CMP Managers and PDO, process lessons learned in order to develop appropriate M and E tools for future Church Mobilization Programming.
* Encourage program conformity with SP purpose and mission statement, basis of faith, and operating principals.
* Promote integral mission programming- continued work along-side SP-L leadership to consider how Christian distinctive will be further worked out in program practice.
* Facilitate coordination/exchange of information between various SP-L sector-specific/ institutional donor funded programs and Ministry Sub-Departments, and assist SP-L leadership to deepen overall SP-L impact by increasing overlap
* Keep Country Director informed of IM programming, information, needs, and concerns.
* Assist in the development of women’s ministry sub-department, initiate ministry “focus group”, to include Health, Child Protection, and Women’s Ministry, toward program development with regard to harmful traditional practices
* Assist in provision of surge capacity for SP-L and in the mobilization of local church networks in the event of a natural disaster or crisis
* Contribute to SP-L member care capacity
* Provide expatriate member care/spiritual mentorship
• Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience working for humanitarian organizations will be an advantage
• Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking
• Proven experience in database development and management
• Good quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
• Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point
• Good communication skills
• Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
Length of contract: 12 months
Open until filled
Target date to the field: July 2011