This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children and Families Pastor (Full-time)
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/11/2011
Categories: Church Staff - Church/Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
Children and Families Pastor
(Full-time, 40 hours/week, salaried)
Spring Hills Community Church (SHCC) in Northern California (one hour north of San Francisco) is seeking a Children and Families Pastor to help fulfill the mission of SHCC by leading an excellent comprehensive Children’s Ministry. The Children and Families Pastor will be responsible for the development and implementation of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. The Children and Families Pastor will be responsible for preparing and deploying members to serve in Children’s Ministry teams that are most appropriate to their gifts.
• Provides vision and develops an integrated Children’s Ministry program that supports the vision, mission and values of Spring Hills Community Church.
• Provides vision and develops activities to help strengthen families (fellowship opportunities, retreats, and conferences)
• Provides leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry paid staff, leaders, and volunteers for all weekend services and special events.
• Oversees Children’s Ministry outreach events, Vacation Bible School, and other programs.
• Coordinates child care for special events (including but not limited to large group Bible studies).
• Recruits, trains, deploys, and supports staff in the development and implementation of ministry to children and their families from Nursery through 5th grade. This includes but is not limited to children’s programs for weekend services, Vacation Bible School, and other church event child care needs.
o Interview prospective teachers/volunteers with attention given to spiritual life, giftedness, and agreement with the Spring Hills Community Church philosophy of ministry.
o Screen prospective teachers/volunteers using acceptable fingerprinting and background check procedures.
o Train teachers (CPR, effective teaching methods/materials, etc.).
• Encourages teamwork by providing leadership in a supportive and authentic environment.
• Facilitate Children’s Ministry staff meetings.
• Encourages the spiritual and professional growth of children’s ministry team members by providing shepherding and training opportunities to enhance learning.
• Counsels with parents and leaders as necessary.
• Encourages relationships and team building by regularly communicating and meeting with Children’s Ministry leaders.
• Oversees Children’s Ministry strategic planning/goal setting, budget, records, curriculum, equipment, food, supplies, and resources.
• Manages resources well, staying within Children’s ministry budget.
• Responsible for procedures related to smooth children’s program check-in and tracking weekly attendance reports.
• Responsible for all security measures/procedures: volunteer screening and background check, as well as on-site security team to secure the safety and welfare of all individuals involved in Children’s Ministry.
• Reviews, purchases, and oversees implementation of curricula for large/small group teaching.
• Reviews, evaluates, and modifies classroom supplies and organization; scope and sequence; curriculum and educational tools for children in the 4th-5th Grade program.
• Ensures scheduling to provide appropriate volunteer to child ratios.
• Maintains office hours and keeps office staff informed about where he/she can be reached when not on site.
• Participates in staff meetings, Friday afternoon prayer meetings, and additional meetings as requested by the Senior Pastor.
• Coordinates with church staff to ensure that children’s activities are posted on the church calendar, in the bulletin, and on the website, when appropriate.
• Performs bi-annual reviews and evaluates progress of team members and programs in order to encourage and maintain standards of excellence.
• Reviews and evaluates educational policies, purpose statements, curriculum needs, and scopes and sequences for the Children’s Ministry.
• Attends one of the weekend services (feeding).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
• Fully embraces the Spring Hills Community Church’s mission, vision, purpose, values, and doctrinal statement.
• A passion for Children’s Ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
• Gifted in leadership, administration, shepherding, and teaching/communication.
• Previous experience pastoring and administering large church Children’s or Families’ Ministries, including a large (50+) volunteer staff.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in Children’s Ministry (preferably at a large church setting) desirable.
• Must be completely comfortable speaking to large audiences on a frequent basis.
• Strong leadership, administration, and delegation skills.
• Proven ability to recruit, motivate, equip, and schedule teams of volunteers to minister to children and families.
• Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with the Children’s Ministry.
• Ability to communicate (written, verbal, interpersonal) effectively.
• Ability to manage time and projects through to completion.
• Ability to juggle the details of ministry while keeping the big picture in mind.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven reliability, initiative, and strong work-ethic.
• Uses appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
• Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
• Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Christian Education or equivalent is required. Divinity degree desirable.
• Competency with basic computer software (Microsoft Office Suite) and capacity to learn new software is required. Experience with FellowshipOne church management software is desirable.
Accountability: Reports to the Senior Pastor
The Children and Families Pastor needs to love and relate well to the children but their primary role is to lead and care for their staff team and mobilize volunteers to minister to the children. Send cover letter & resume to Associate Pastor Jim McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org or Spring Hills Community Church Attn: Jim McKee, P.O. Box 6653, Santa Rosa, CA 95406. No phone calls please.