This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief Officer of Strategic Relations
Xyon Business Solutions, Inc.
San Diego, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/28/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
This position is for the Rock Church in San Diego - sponsored by Xyon Business Solutions, Inc - an executive placement firm. No recruiters please! This is a full-time position with relocation offered. To view more about the Rock - www.therocksandiego.org. Please only submit resumes to Xyon.
The incumbent will be responsible for working with the Senior Pastor to develop strategic relationships, major donors to the overall global initiative of the Rock Church and its subsidiaries. Ensure the Stewardship Department local goals/tasks are in alignment with the global goals/tasks and build long-term, sustained, relational giving for the Rock Church.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop Strategic Relationships: Be willing to travel with Senior Pastor as an Ambassador to speaking engagements, conferences and interviews with the objective to cultivate appropriate individuals/organizations to support the Pervasive Hope/Do Something mission of the Rock Church and its subsidiaries.
2. Major gifts: Develop and implement strategies to cultivate donors who have the capacity to give generously; generate large five- six- and seven-figure gifts to fund the mission of the Rock Church and its subsidiaries.
3. Debt Reduction and Capital Acquisitions: Develop giving strategies designed to eliminate existing mortgage debt on main church campus facility; cultivate/generate fundraising for new capital acquisition opportunities as they arise; partner with Campaigns (capital, debt reduction) as needed; promote the objective that all Rock congregants have the opportunity be set free from personal debt and financial bondage.
4. General Fundraising: Work with Stewardship Director to manage donor relations and fundraising events, and promote overall strategies to cultivate an environment of generous giving through the perpetuation of biblically-based stewardship principles. Develop opportunities for gifts/grants from sources other than church congregants.
5. Community Partnerships: Develop and cultivate strategic relationships that facilitate fundraising opportunities.
6. Strategy and Reporting: Develop all strategic plans with defined and measurable goals, and report actual results against stated objectives.
Other duties as needed:
7. Planned Giving: Develop and implement a planned giving strategy in cooperation with the Rock Financial Life (RFL) Ministry Director.
8. Endowments: Identify any needs for Endowments, and develop and implement a fundraising plan
9. Volunteer Development: Build and nurture teams of volunteers to support high-capacity fundraising; oversee Board-development related to fundraising capacity
Qualities desired in Individual:
This person must value people and establishing deep Christian relationships based on mutual benefit. They must be an Ambassador to share the God-inspired vision of offering pervasive hope to the world. They should be focused on building relationships and opening doors to foster discourse of how stewardship and generosity are part of strengthening discipleship and spiritual maturity.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the COO and the Senior Pastor.
Job Skills and Requirements:
1. Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
2. Minimum of ten years of building strategic relationships is essential; preferably donor relations and fundraising experience at a church, para-church or other non-profit organization.
3. Proven ability to communicate vision that inspires Christian philanthropy and stewardship.
4. Bachelor’s degree and or MBA preferred but not required.
5. Relationship-oriented; gregarious and comfortable in dealing with individuals of high wealth and/or who are influential, successful, and prominent.
6. Successful track record in designing, implementing and directing development initiatives including solicitation and recognition strategies.
7. Demonstrated track record of raising major gifts or capital.
8. Preferred success in managing and tracking prospects and donors or similar skills.
9. Pleasant personality (i.e., speaking to people on the phone, visitors and staff).
10. Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
11. Ability to travel as often as needed.
12. Bachelors Degree preferred.
13. Proficient in MS Window operating system.
14. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Legible writing skills.
15. Strong organizational skills.
16. Self-motivated and flexible.
17. Ability to work independently and/or in a team-oriented environment.
18. A preferred understanding of charitable giving, gift instruments and planned/deferred giving strategies
19. Regular involvement in the Rock Church activities and events.
20. Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
21. Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church employee handbook.
22. Member of the Rock Church.
God bless you!