why join our team:
Be a catalyst for mobilizing the local church globally to effectively demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to the neediest children through the power of a simple gift – followed by discipleship - giving children the opportunity to respond to the Gospel, be established in their faith, and equipped to be agents of Mission in their communities. what we’re looking for:
The Operation Christmas Child International team is a dynamic group of ministry professional - area experts - with a regional focus on serving and strengthening the global local church through building effective volunteer teams to oversee the project in their respective countries. Currently, we’re looking for a dedicated and field savvy servant leader with a heart for enabling locals to be effective agents of mission in the lives of their often most neglected people group – children. Specifically, we’re seeking people with backgrounds in team building, volunteer management and leadership development – as well as experience working with high level denominational and government leaders and travel in remote parts of the Russian speaking world. Working under the direction of the Regional Director, this position is directly responsible for providing quality and efficient leadership, advisement and oversight in the aspects of building teams in rural locations, The Greatest Journey discipleship program training and implementation, prayer network development, and selected special projects across a portfolio of 15 countries.
The ideal candidate is a mature and committed follower of Jesus, a Russian speaker, driven and excited by the opportunity to empower and partner with local believers to share the Gospel with and disciple the next generation in their countries. The position demands a strong communicator, resourceful and a savvy relationship builder – able to translate vision into action by establishing trust, motivating others and moving the mission forward. He/she will be energized and passionate about the mission and activities of Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child. The ideal candidate will possess:
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant field/ministry experience in the assigned region.
• Successful track record of recruiting, selecting and leading volunteer teams – internationally.
• Outstanding communication skills, articulate and persuasive, with well-honed relationship building skills.
• A results- and solutions-driven, positive attitude.
• Knowledge of the regional and national political, socioeconomic and religious climate and norms.
• A team-orientation and strong work ethic, essential for this demanding environment which continually strives for excellence.
• Ability to read, write and speak the Russian language at a business level. Fluency highly desirable but not required.
• Proven highly developed interpersonal skills with the executive presence and personal style to represent the organization to multiple audiences.education:
Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree in relevant field preferred.travel:
75-90 days international travel required.what it’s like to work here:
We have an environment where you can utilize your gifts and experience to make things happen. There’s plenty of opportunity to create and mobilize others to for acts of worship and service to the Lord. Being led by the Holy Spirit, we have a shared commitment to seeing the project be locally driven and long term sustainable – so we pride ourselves on listening and learning from those who know their people best – the local leaders. Join us in going to the ends of the earth to reach children and their communities for Christ. Use these Links to learn more about the position for the Int'l Regional Manager Russian, Eastern Europe, Central Asia - Operation Christmas Child (670) and to complete an Online Application