This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Marketing & Metrics Analyst
Boone, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2011
Categories: Internet/E-Commerce - Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
As a member of the web team, the Marketing & Metrics Analyst will be responsible to the Integrated Marketing Manager to define web, social media, and search metrics and dashboards that drive business decisions and optimize user experiences for audiences across our communications platforms.
We are seeking a candidate that has demonstrated experience in collecting competitive benchmarking, market intelligence, web analytics, search analytics, social media monitoring and returning the information in a way which allows for tactical and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will have a passion for market intelligence and analytics, and have a demonstrated track record of translating data into meaningful business implications and actions. The candidate must be able to think strategically, but be willing and able to roll up their sleeves to analyze user trends, define opportunities or solutions, and help implement the programs. The successful candidate will be passionate about their role, have strong influence management skills, a collaborative partner, and be results-driven.
1. Work collaboratively with web and communications department staff to define and deliver key metrics, dashboards, and related market intelligence programs in a form that can be used for business decisions that affect web user experience.
2. Develop and execute social media monitoring systems to gather actionable market intelligence across all digital platforms.
4. Identify and engage external agencies/vendors as needed to supplement internal resources and/or extend analytical capabilities to meet the demands of a new department strategies.
5. Consult with cross-functional teams who are seeking ways to integrate market intelligence within their programs; provide guidance, expert advice and help develop a strategy that fits within Samaritan’s Purse’s overall marketing/communications strategy.
6. Monitor and track defined web user trends, assess implications and trends, and integrate learnings into overall recommendations for plan strategy.
7. Leverage web analytics tools (Google Analytics and others) and provide timely data to internal departments to drive tactical programs as requested.
8. Serve as consultant to web team on SEO/search strategy. Leverage search analytics and apply knowledge to increase web activity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Communications, Marketing or related field from four-year college or university and at least two years experience with a proven record of success in market and competitive intelligence and web analytics. Candidate must have intimate understanding of relevant digital media platforms and technologies, tools, resources, and analytics, coupled with knowledge and experience with web search optimization, campaign management and measurement, social media monitoring, and multivariable A/B testing.
• Advanced training or certification in applied statistics, data mining, demography, or market research with a strong background in mathematics
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability and desire to work both as part of team and individually.
• Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the organization and across multiple disciplines.
• Solid communication and writing skills.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Go to www.samaritanspurse.org. Under "Who We Are" choose "Employment Listings", then click on "US Positions" .