This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Boone, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2011
Categories: Communications - Media/Video/Radio
Job Type: Full-Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, Final Cut Pro Editor to join our production team. We are a full HD Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Server, XSAN production facility. The Editor-Field Editor will have the ability to successfully execute ideas both independently and as part of a team under creative direction. Ideal candidate will be a good storyteller able to edit and stylize assigned commercials, stories, segments, promos, etc.; Brainstorm with Creative Director, social media writers, editors, gfx designers and other team producers to best achieve creative and messaging goals of assigned projects. A critical thinker who continues to embrace new technology and workflows; to multi-task and exercise project management skills using professional video equipment and editing techniques that portrays the ministry of Samaritan’s Purse in a way that meets professional broadcast standards. A Bachelor’s degree (BA) in a related field and/or 2+ years of industry experience is required. If you are a creative editor, with a passion for great stories and always pushing for what’s next come join our team.
Job Requirements Include:
• Highly proficient and innovative editor in Final Cut Pro with a working knowledge of Motion, Compressor, After Effects, Photoshop. Design experience a plus.
• Able to do color correction and online finishing with at least a working knowledge of various plug-ins like Magic Bullet, Keylight, and Sapphire.
• Familiar with multiple file formats and frame rates (both SD and HD) and related test equipment for digital video and audio.
• Proactive problem solving with the ability to work unsupervised at times and make creative and responsible decisions that will help deliver content on time with minimal errors.
• Experience with video encoding for the Internet and an understanding of how digital media is managed and archived.
• The position involves some field editing and media management with both domestic and international travel required.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Go to www.samaritanspurse.org. Under "Who We Are" choose "Employment Listings", then click on "US Positions" . Please complete the on-line application and attach a cover letter and resume. An online portfolio or demo reel is required with application. Provide link within your cover letter or resume, or send to email@example.com.