This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bookkeeper / Admin. Assistant
Edmonds, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 06/10/2011
Categories: Accounting - Missions
Job Type: Full-Time
visionSynergy’s mission is to equip catalytic leaders within the global Church to adopt the paradigm of Kingdom collaboration in partnerships, networks, and strategic alliances. Our primary focus is raising awareness and educating the next generation of lay and professional ministry leaders so their default approach to ministry will be collaborative rather than the traditional individualistic approach.
visionSynergy is recruiting a full-time, skilled and dependable Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant in our Edmonds, WA office. The successful candidate will have a high commitment to world evangelization, a strategic “big picture” view of the role which back-office duties play in realizing an organization’s mission, strong relational skills, and a personal spiritual maturity that undergirds thought and action.
This position has two major components: 1) to perform bookkeeping functions dealing with financial operations in a small non-profit office and 2) to perform general filing, correspondence, and office organization. The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will have office and financial administration experience, possess excellent time management skills, and be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks financial software, and SalesForce CRM. Remuneration will be based on experience.
• Financial record-keeping, banking, and use of QuickBooks accounting program.
• Understanding of the non-profit accounting world.
• Processing financial transactions such as invoicing and payments.
• Maintaining records about donors and restricted donations.
Core Administration and Office Management
• Maintaining key organization documents, e.g. calendars, emails, correspondence, contracts.
• Record keeping and filing.
• Dealing with administrative inquiries via email and telephone.
• Managing office supplies and equipment.
• Executing record keeping, filing, and general office management.
• Logistical support for field-based activities, e.g. workshops, conference calls, webinars.
• Working with other staff members to support them in communications and logistics.
• Mature believer with a deep commitment to world evangelization.
• Some knowledge of and experience in international ministry.
• Humble yet with clear self-awareness.
• Ease of working in a small, highly-leveraged team environment.
• Commitment to contributing to team camaraderie.
• Deep commitment to inclusivity and Kingdom collaboration.
• Organized with good time management and motivational skills.
• Understands and works well with outsourced specialists, virtual associates, etc.
• At least five years professional experience and a proven track record in areas of responsibility.
Contact Bill Sunderland, Associate Director, at 425-673-5644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.