This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Area Vice President
Any City, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 06/02/2011
Categories: Business Opportunities - Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Area Vice President
Are you a successful professional with a deep longing to make a real difference in the lives of people? Do you find yourself longing for a life-changing career, and not just a job? Apartment Life, has just the opportunity you've been searching for!
New Opportunities Available in: Houston, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Southern CA
Apartment Life is a faith-based, non profit organization that provides the leading onsite resident retention program to the apartment industry. Apartment Life partners with apartment owners and local churches across the country to place CARES teams (married couple/family or a "team of two") into apartment communities to assist the property owner in resident retention by building community and serving residents. These activities position CARES teams as the hub of community life. Apartment owners benefit by reducing resident and staff turnover and creating marketplace differentiation. Apartment Life has grown rapidly since 2000 and now serves over 300 apartment communities, with 600 team members and over 60 staff members nationwide. Apartment Life has been recognized for 8 consecutive years as a Best Christian Workplace in America and Christianity Today magazine. More information about Apartment Life is available at www.apartmentlife.org and www.caresteam.org.
The Area Vice President position is responsible for developing and executing the CARES Program plan for their specific area of geography within the region/metro. Each area will have approximately 40 apartment communities (A/B class) - about 20,000 residents! The goal is to place effective CARES Teams in at least 50% (approximately 20) of the communities. Success is measured by:
1) Increasing the number of CARES Teams in the area
2) Increasing the relational effectiveness of those teams
3) Ensuring the financial stability of the area
Responsibilities include developing and managing team growth, generating strategic financial partnerships, property growth, people impact, and overall financial management and success of the program for their area. Specific tasks include:
CARES Team Growth - Recruiting, Retention and Leadership:
• Develop and implement effective recruiting strategies (primarily from church partners) for teams within their area to ensure growth goals are met.
• Engage and empower teams through strong leadership, coaching, encouragement, guidance and accountability to support program retention and people impact goals.
• Direct monthly training, development and support activities for teams.
• Clearly and effectively communicate the mission to teams and maintain a culture that makes for a unique and inspiring place to serve.
Church/Outreach Group Partnerships:
• Cultivate and develop partnerships with local churches in area in order to recruit and support the teams and provide partner funding.
• Research and recruit targeted churches and local outreach groups in close proximity of open properties.
• Maintain on-going relationship development and communication with strategic partners on team updates, and overall effectiveness.
Industry Growth - Marketing, Retention and Management:
• Research, identify and pursue relationships with existing and new industry leaders and property managers to meet growth goals within area.
• Conduct effective property orientations and team placements.
• Maintain on-going relationship with property managers to communicate the value of the CARES program, gather resident retention data, and assess overall satisfaction levels.
People Impact Growth:
• Develop and implement plans for teams to serve effectively in their apartment community and impact the lives of the property staff and residents they serve.
• Review and analyze CARES team journals and team impact to provide solid direction and accountability for teams to effectively meet community goals.
• Provide resources, support and training to the teams to maximize impact.
• Work closely with the Regional President to develop area budget and financial targets.
• Effectively manage area P&L to financial break-even - primarily by establishing and maintaining effective church partnerships.
• Manage and oversee team and property A/R for specific area.
Background, Experience and Education:
• Bachelors Degree required
• 5 to 10 years experience in marketing, sales, business development, recruiting and/or outreach
• Experience in leadership and people development a plus
• Servant Heart
• Moral integrity, professional maturity, and passion to serve people and build relationship and community
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to understand, embrace and clearly communicate Apartment Life vision, mission and purpose
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team to achieve shared goals and outcomes
• Ability to work in highly relational work environment and culture - combining hard work and passion with joy, fun and authentic relationship with others
• Ability to successfully market and promote the value proposition in order to raise capital and/or financial support
• Strong self-starter and goal-driven
• Problem solver
To APPLY for this position:
Please send the following three items to Careers@ApartmentLife.org
• Updated Copy of your Professional Resume (please include any Church, Para-church, or Spiritual Leadership experience)
• Coverletter (Optional)
• Completed Apartment Life Staff Application