This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Director of Africa
Bible League International
Crete, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/01/2011
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Bible League International (BLI) is a Christian ministry located in the south Chicago suburb of Crete, IL. Through the support of generous donors, BLI is planting Bibles with people around the world who desire to serve God, and provide life-changing evangelism and discipleship training so they may reach others for Jesus Christ. We do this by coming along side local churches that serve the poor, persecuted and those living in darkness.
The Senior Director of Africa will plan, lead, organize, and coordinate the ministries of Bible League International within the continent of Africa, which presently includes 13 countries. Future growth is anticipated.
This position will be based in Crete, IL or Ft. Worth, TX.
1. To oversee BLI’s ministries in Africa, including the selection, supervision, training, and evaluation of Regional Field Directors and their staff. To provide leadership, encouragement, guidance, and training for the national directors throughout the region.
2. To evaluate, motivate, manage and encourage the regional hub team and country directors and workers in all Bible League activities.
3. To represent BLI at meetings, conferences, and with other agencies in regard to BLI’s church planting ministry and vision.
4. To prepare and implement ministry plans for the region, including setting church planting objectives, Scripture placement objectives, strategies, and budget in close cooperation with Global Field Operations Leader.
5. To participate with the IMC teams who create new Scripture programs and products and give feedback to the Product Development and Inventory Management groups regarding products and services.
6. To stimulate interest and communicate the needs of Africa through gathering and sharing information with BLI’s Development department. Responsible to see that timely and accurate field reporting occurs, including narrative stories with pictures and videos.
7. To travel as necessary from the Crete ministry base in carrying out the above responsibilities. Experience suggests approximately 5 international trips annually, which is expected to be 50-60 travel days per year. Minimal domestic travel is anticipated.
8. To perform other responsibilities as may be requested by the Global Field Operations Leader.
1. Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
2. Must also be enthused by the Bible League Statement of Faith, our Mission, and our Value Statements.
3. Should have cross-cultural leadership and management experience, with the ability to motivate and encourage people to accomplish ministry objectives.
4. Passionately committed to scripture engagement that assists evangelism, discipleship and church growth. Should possess administrative skills and have experience overseeing a complex budget to achieve program efficiency and effectiveness.
5. Should be a confident and effective communicator, both written and verbal with public speaking ability.
6. Preferably will have verbal and written communication skills in a second language from any one of the countries in which Senior Director will lead.
7. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or other related field required. Advanced degree and/or biblical training preferred.
8. Be knowledgeable with an interest in and awareness of the present political, social and economic situation in areas of responsibility.
9. Should be a goal-oriented self-starter who is comfortable working with minimal supervision, and who naturally takes a high degree of ownership for the region and for Bible League staff and resources in the region.
10. Ability and willingness to travel taking approximately 5 international trips annually, involving approximately 50-60 travel days per year.
Please visit www.bibleleague.org for more information about the ministry.
Resume and Cover Letter can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Director of Africa Position) or faxed to 708/367-8990.
Bible League International
ATTN: Human Capital
3801 Eagle Nest Drive
Crete, IL 60417
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, Bible League International has the right to and will only hire candidates who agree with Bible League International's Statement of Faith and profess Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.