This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 05/19/2011
Categories: Administrative - Legal
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Position Overview: Legal Secretary provides administrative support to management and the firm through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities. Key responsibilities include support activities related to client work and billing. Projects a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Answers and screens incoming phone calls.
- Handles travel arrangements.
- Provides office support for computers and telephone system.
- Orders supplies and oversees repair and maintenance issues.
- Handles client intake process.
- Prepares and transmits letters of engagement.
- Creates and transmits invoices to all clients and answers client inquiries regarding billing.
- Transmits filings to government agencies, corresponds with agencies, and proofreads submissions and petitions.
- Proofreads documents for attorneys as requested.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with higher level degree preferred.
- Advanced training in legal support activities or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Office software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Planning and organizing
- Information monitoring
- Strong communication skills
Christian owned law firm and consulting practice located in Columbia, Maryland. We are a small law firm focused on Food and Drug administrative law for international clients. The firm also performs general business law and provides litigation consulting. The practice is very busy, innovative, and challenging. The work environment is casual and friendly.