This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Social Media, Website, E-Communications Specialist
Bible League International
Crete, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/01/2011
Categories: Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
Bible League International is a Christian ministry located in the south Chicago suburb of Crete, IL. We partner with local churches worldwide, training and equipping Christians to use the Bible to make disciples and establish new churches.
The Opportunity & Vision
The Social Media, Website, E-Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting in developing and executing the website, social media and e-communications programs for the organization in a manner that supports organizational initiatives, while increasing brand influence and online awareness.
This position is responsible for evaluating, planning and organizing all social media channels, writing optimized website content, and creating email marketing campaigns. A strong understanding of development and maintenance best practices in web and social media standards is required. This person will also be involved in web conversion, search engine optimization, and e-communications campaigns, in order to achieve organizational goals and objectives, while keeping a consistent marketing message that strengthens our brand and position in the marketplace.
This position is based in Crete, IL.
• Measure the success of website, social media activities, e-communications activities and results. Analyze and evaluate existing website, social media activities, e-communications and strategies.
• Conduct, gather and analyze competitive and other non-profit market research to determine website, social media activities, e-communications opportunities and competitiveness and share findings with/make suggestions to Senior Director of Marketing.
• Create a website, social media activities, and e-communications business plan.
• Identify, interpret and capitalize on website, social media activities, and e-communications trends.
• Plan, manage, coordinate and execute website, social media activities, e-communications program and related initiatives. Help drive and integrate revenue initiatives through web, social media and e-communications.
• Work closely with all other departments to ensure tight integration of all website, social media activities and e-communications programs/initiatives.
• Develop unique value propositions, business partnerships, and website/social media activities/e-communications programs targeted toward key customer segments.
• Develop benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of the website, social media activities, e-communications program and implement improvements as needed.
• Achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of tactics and programs.
• Establish and manage the corporate social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other sites as applicable.
• Aid in the creation of case studies and testimonials to post on the website.
• Develop well written copy from raw resources, interviews, and other information that content experts from other regions and departments provide.
• Create, maintain and execute a website, social media, e-communications editorial/content calendar and posting schedule.
• Some domestic and international travel may be required.
• Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our Statement of Faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ like manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, Communications or Business.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in social media, website and e-communications required. Must possess experience in online marketing, public relations, SEO writing and advertising.
• Has created and managed marketing strategy ensuring content creation is visible through search.
• Must be literate in emerging social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, WordPress and Twitter.
• Have demonstrated command of industry best practices in web design, SEO, information design/architecture, usability and accessibility.
• Proficient with Google Analytics and social listening tools such as TweetDeck, Seemic, HootSuite, and Google alerts.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong research, analytic, planning and forecasting skills.
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills required.
• Must be able to identify threats and opportunities within social media and make quick decisions.
• Must be able to complete assigned annual marketing goals and meet deadlines.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes.
BLI offers outstanding benefits: medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, matching 401(k), paid holidays and PTO. To learn more about the ministry, please visit www.bibleleague.org.
Resume and cover letter can be emailed to email@example.com. Please indicate “Resume” in the subject line. You may also fax to 708/367-8990.
Bible League International
ATTN: Human Capital
3801 Eagle Nest Drive
Crete, IL 60417