This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Health Centre Clinical Associate
Yonge Street Mission
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date Posted: 05/17/2011
Categories: Health Care
Job Type: Full-Time
Yonge Street Mission Job Posting
HEALTH CENTRE CLINICAL ASSOCIATE
Yonge Street Mission is a not-for-profit Christian faith community called to demonstrate God’s love, peace and justice to those living with economic, social and spiritual poverty in Toronto. This position is based at Evergreen – Our Centre for Street Youth.
As clinical associate, your main responsibility will be to provide clinical care to street youth in the context of the Evergreen Health Centre working in collaboration with the Health Centre Coordinator and other multi-disciplinary clinical professionals. You will also be required to perform any administrative tasks necessary to the smooth operation of all aspects of the Health Centre and will be responsible to perform the duties of the Health Centre Coordinator in her absence. We are looking for someone who will view this work not just as a job, but as a ministry as well.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Provide clinical care to street youth accessing the Health Centre in keeping with CNO standards of practice
• Ensure the maintenance of complete and accurate record keeping
• Provide youth with referrals to other services as needed
• Ensure physical and emotional safety for all youth and volunteers in the Health Centre
• Assume responsibility for all Health Centre and Nursery programming in the absence of the Health Centre Coordinator
• Registered Nurse, extended class preferred
• 5 years experience in primary health care
• Ability to perform physical assessments, make differential diagnoses, and recommend appropriate interventions
• Ability to deal with medical emergencies effectively and sensitively
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Ability to initiate and develop relationships of trust
• Knowledge of and experience with marginalized youth issues, especially poverty, homelessness, anger, abuse issues, addictions, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written skills
• Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency in computer skills – Microsoft Office
• A police check will be required / First aid training is an asset
• Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s mission and values
Starting Date: July 1, 2011
Please send résumé and introductory letter to:
Ericha Cromwell, Evergreen Administrator
Yonge Street Mission’s Evergreen Centre for Street Youth
381 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M5B 1S1
E-mail email@example.com Fax 416-977-2890
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website: www.ysm.ca