This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
(Sr) Program Evaluation & Research Specialist
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 05/16/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
To apply for tis position, please visit our website: www.compassion.com/jobs
J O B B R I E F
Provide a brief description as to the primary purpose of this job (no more than three to five sentences):
As part of a collaborative international team that contributes to advancing organisational knowledge and programmatic effectiveness, the evaluation and research specialist will primarily carry out program evaluation and research studies, which support Compassion's child development programs, leadership decision-making and marketing messaging.
E S S E N T I A L J O B F U N C T I O N S
List five to eight essential job functions that comprise the job; describe in terms of actions (verbs) and desired outcomes in order of most important first:
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
• Plans, designs and conducts research studies on a variety of topics as directed, using appropriate and rigorous approaches to generate reliable, timely and meaningful information to stakeholders and leadership. This includes stakeholder engagement, development of research questions, literature reviews and study contextualisation, sample and participant selection, qualitative and quantitative methodology, in depth analysis using the necessary data analysis tools (eg computer-based text analysis and advanced statistics software), report writing and presentation to multiple audiences and forums.
• Using experience from field exposure, technical expertise and on-going self directed learning, advises program managers and leadership on relevant programmatic issues when requested and through contribution to multi-departmental project, creative thinking and analysis teams.
• Supports and builds the research capacity of Field Office evaluation and research staff including investigating and sharing current literature, identifying new tools and approaches, developing training materials, contributing to training systems and events as required, practical critique of methodologies and completed research reports and consultation as requested.
• Interfaces with other Compassion departments and individuals that collect information and data (eg marketing, auditing and quality assurance, business intelligence and management) in order to minimise duplication of effort, build cooperation and support the growth of quality information gathering across the organisation.
F U N C T I O N A L J O B C O M P E T E N C I E S
Competencies are underlying characteristics of an individual (skills, traits, proficiencies, attributes, and behaviors) that contribute to distinguished performance; list those functional competencies that are imperative to the success of this position (see list below):
• Experienced in a broad range of current and state of the art data collection methods and evaluation designs (including qualitative and quantitative methodologies), ideally from a variety of fields, as well as experienced in using them in developing country contexts.
• An objective and analytical mind
• Committed to excellence and objectivity
• Positive and optimistic attitude and disposition
• Enthusiastic and motivated supporter of church-based holistic child development
• Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
• Possess a good understanding of issues surrounding poverty and international development
• Able to establish strong working cross-functional and multi-cultural relationships.
• A team player and able to work with colleagues from a distance. Enthusiasm and capacity for international travel.
• Excellence and creative communication skills, both written and verbal in English, as well as , ideally, in one of the languages spoken in one or several of the countries in which a Compassion Field Office exists. Committed to self directed learning in the areas of research and international development