This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 05/02/2011
Categories: Fundraising - Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Bright Hope’s Mission and Vision:
Bright Hope is a Christian international relief and development organization dedicated to bringing Hope to those who live on less than $1 a day. We seek to provide for the physical, economic, and spiritual needs of the Extreme Poor through holistic partnerships with indigenous churches in some of the poorest countries around the world.
This position identifies new individuals, communities, businesses, organizations, and associations and piques their awareness and understanding of Bright Hope’s mission, vision, and goals. The position builds relationships with these entities, explores funding opportunities and grows ally commitment and contributions to Bright Hope. This role reports to the Director, Ally Development.
• Raises awareness of Bright Hope by talking to individuals and groups about Bright Hope’s mission, vision, goals, and projects.
• Networks (on and off-site; via phone, internet, and in person) with individuals, businesses, churches and associations to increase their awareness of Bright Hope. (associations)
• Builds and maintains profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with donors and potential allies
• Increases contributions to Bright Hope through interaction with current donors and potential allies via phone calls, email communications, face-to-face contact, proposals, event participation, mail, networking, and appointments.
• Supports and is present at Bright Hope events and assists in bringing current and new allies to the events.
• Develops, edits, and tracks proposals aimed at the ally’s expressed interests, budget or requested information, or BH focused projects. May include printed materials, PowerPoint presentations, or emailed proposals and correspondence.
• Researches donors to understand net worth and donation history to identify possible donation opportunities and giving trends.
• Manages and updates databases to record donor contact and preference information, actions, progress and relational information.
• Maintains effective use of time and account management to determine the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
• Monitors revenue and targets goals to measure individual performance results.
• Provides updates to donors about specific projects, goals, and direction of Bright Hope as needed.
• Participates in weekly status meetings to discuss key allies, strategies and progress toward fundraising goals. Provides actions, proposals, and target lists for review.
• Prepares weekly, monthly and semi-annual reports for review by manager and CEO.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or economics
• Experience in non-profit fundraising through donors
• 5 years direct sales or business development experience
• Proved track record of achieving revenue targets of $1M annually
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to identify new allies, understand their interest and giving potential, link interests to Bright Hope projects and programs, and gain commitment
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills to build and maintain relationships.
• Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new and existing accounts.
• Demonstrated ability to present a positive public image.
• Knowledge of Raisers Edge.
• Strong knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to track and report on donor interactions.
• Ability to conduct internet research.
• Self motivated
• Work well under pressure
• Manages several projects effectively at one time.
• Works well in cross-functional teams.
Special Position Requirements:
• Affirms Bright Hope’s Belief Statement and models the Evangelical Christian faith, as described at BrightHope.org/why_BrightHope/mission.php
• Passion for helping the extreme poor around the world
• Local travel required; Domestic and international travel as necessary
Interested and qualified individuals may send their resume and cover email to Terra at firstname.lastname@example.org.