This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Planned Giving Director
The Salvation Army
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 04/21/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
The Salvation Army Midland Division has a full-time Planned Giving Director position available immediately.
Accountability: This position reports to and is supervised by the Divisional Development Director. Position supervises planned giving counselors throughout the division and support staff.
This position is responsible for the planning, goal setting, implementing, coordinating and supervising components of the divisional planned giving program below. Position is expected to comply with and meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State and Local policies and standards.
Essential Duties (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this job description.):
1. Develop, coordinate and implement deferred gift strategies with appropriate annual deferred and current gift goals.
2. Identify and hire qualified planned giving staff that will assist in achieving the division’s deferred and current gift goals.
3. Supervise training and monitor performance of planned giving staff and coordinate all activities offered through the
planned giving department.
4. Continuous Stewardship of Legacy Gifts and monitoring of those gifts to ensure donor satisfaction.
5. Create and manage the marketing of the planned giving program including social media and website.
6. Prepare and manage the planned giving budget including establishing appropriate goals for each planned giving
advisor in his/her territory.
7. Personally solicit and secure deferred and current gifts from prospects and donors for Salvation Army services, using
accepted and approved financial planning options.
8. Personally solicit and secure Tree of Lights (TOL) outright gifts and assist staff to reach the Planned Giving portion of the
9. Actively participate in Development team meetings as convened by the Divisional Development Director.
10. Perform as a member of the Development Team working collaboratively with Major Gifts Director to insure goals are met
through a Moves Management Program.
11. Maintain the Planned Giving committee of professional advisors to support the financial goals of TSA.
12. Maintain ongoing Planned Giving education and training for self and staff.
13. Maintain confidentiality and comply with Safe From Harm guidelines.
14. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with
clients, co-workers and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a
professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others’ property and person; and
professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
This job description should not be interpreted as an all inclusive list. It is intended to identify the essential duties and requirements of the position. Employee will follow other instructions, and perform other related duties, as may be required by his/her supervisor.
Comprehensive knowledge of major gifts fund raising is required.
Bachelor Degree in related area and five (5) years work experience in planned giving with two (2) or more years supervisory experience.
Planned Giving certification or CFRE is a plus.
Combination of training and job experience will be considered.
Requires a high level of confidentiality.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Requires valid drivers’ licenses and pass The Salvation Army Motor Vehicle Report check.
Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision.
Must demonstrate ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment.
Must successfully complete The Salvation Army Individual Assessment testing.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume, to:
Divisional Development Director
The Salvation Army Midland Division
1130 Hampton Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63139
Or by Fax: 314-646-3202
Or by email: Maureen_Concannon@usc.salvationarmy.org