This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Group Business Development Manager (RELIGIOUS Channel)
Globus family of brands
ANYWHERE, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 04/15/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Globus family of brands is a family owned business celebrating over 80 years in the travel industry. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, Short Term and Long Term Disability, and Life insurance, generous paid time off and travel benefits. Additionally we offer retirement benefits including both a 401 (k) with a generous company match and a pension plan!
This position will be based out of your home and can be located anywhere in the US as long as you live in a major metro area with good air service. This postion will be responsible for increasing sales from the Religious Channel across the United States.
More information about the company can be found at www.groupvoyagers.com
If you meet the requirements below we invite you to apply by sending your resume and salary history to:
Only those candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest!
The Business Development Manager (Religious Travel Channel) is responsible for the following results:
• Generating and increasing religious tour and religious market sales within both the direct group and direct individual, sales channels
• Monitoring competitor products, pricing, services, marketing and sales strategies.
• Generating sales by targeting new opportunities and through advertising, direct mail, trades sales training, and consumer shows.
• This position is “pure sales”. Finding sales takes perseverance, research, self motivation and quick thinking.
• Winning in competitive situations with tact.
• Servicing accounts with travel presentations and anything else they need to produce a successful group.
• Recommending changes regarding group and direct channel revenue opportunities and changes in products, services, and policy.
• Achieving established financial objectives.
• Developing partnerships with the group department and other internal partners to understand the sales, booking, and fulfillment processes for group travel.
• Maintaining contacts, group activities and opportunities in the Siebel customer relationship management system to develop a group production database.
• Expressing ideas for process improvements to increase flexibility, reduce administrative costs, and increase interactivity with customers.
• Contributing to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as needed.
The Groups and Emerging Markets department is responsible for increasing passenger sales through, group sales, direct and trade, as well as other channels of distribution by integrating sales and marketing strategies to establish buyer relationships. Also capitalizes and pursues new channels of distribution for GVI products, a primary one being the Religious Travel Division
The preferred candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
• Knowledge, experience, and understanding of the Religious Travel products and markets
• Working knowledge of the travel product development cycle.
• Developing new channels of business.
• Experience with direct customer sales.
• Utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and tools to manage sales activities and production.
• Knowledge of the leisure travel product desired.
• Having “bottom-line” accountability
• Strong public speaking and group presentation skills
• Achieving goals in a self directed/managed environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This position may require overnight travel between 60% - 80% including weekends.