This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
International, Port Au Prince, Haiti
Date Posted: 04/14/2011
Categories: Administrative - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Haiti - Samaritan’s Purse began ministering to the people of Haiti within a day of the earthquake that struck on January 12, 2010, providing emergency medical aid, food, water, and shelter in the Name of Jesus. As we are well past the year anniversary of the earthquake that ravaged Haiti, Samaritan’s Purse continues to minister to the Haitian people. Join us in this important work as we strive to meet both the spiritual and physical needs of the hurting people of Haiti! Currently there is a vital position available for a Logistician to serve with Samaritan’s Purse in Haiti to oversee and manage logistics. Areas of responsibilities will include but not be limited to procurement, storage, fleet management, communication, facilities improvement and limited IT.
• To oversee all aspects of procurement, storage, fleet management and communications.
• To design improved systems where necessary.
• Frequent travel to other parts of the region and country to identify potential suppliers of materials, goods and services.
• Provide relevant logistical data to the project development process.
• To support the Port Au Prince Base Manager in providing an efficient and secure working/living environment of SP staff.
• Support the Base Manager in monitoring and enforcing SP security policies (regarding facilities, communication and fleet management} in Port Au Prince.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff
• Maintain a lifestyle consistent with Jesus Christ in words and actions.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent; 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years proven experience in the area of logistics in a developing country.
• Experience working in disaster context and/or conflict zones, preferred.
• Flexibility and adaptability; diplomacy, negotiating skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.