This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Program Manager, Water and Sanitation
Port Au Prince, Haiti, International
Date Posted: 04/14/2011
Categories: Management - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Haiti - Samaritan’s Purse teams have been working in Haiti since the deadly earthquake devastated the country. In the aftermath of the massive earthquake that killed more than 230,000 people, Samaritan's Purse has provided clean water for tens of thousands of Haitians. The response has escalated into the largest relief effort in the ministry’s 40-year history. To help in this continued effort there is need for a WASH Program Manager. The WASH Manager is responsible to develop and manage all water, sanitation and hygiene project interventions of Samaritan’s Purse in Haiti. This will include on-going assessments, development of proposals for both internal and external funding, recruitment and training of team staff, program implementation and evaluation and program reporting.
• Develop and manage multiple WASH projects
• Liaise with relevant government and donor representatives
• Recruit and train local staff
• Mobilize and monitor developed team
• Provide timely and accurate reports to the Country Director
• Maintain a lifestyle consistent with Jesus Christ, in words and actions
• Masters degree in Water Engineering/Public Health or another relevant degree required; 2 to 3 years’ of relevant water management experience in developing countries; related work experience in disaster context.
• Must be willing to work in a conflict environment and live in team housing.
• Conflict resolution background strongly encouraged
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Above average communication skills – English verbal and written
• Networking and team building skills will be required
• Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
• Proven management and leadership experience.
• Diplomacy, negotiating skills.