This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New York City Rescue Mission
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 04/13/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
New York City Rescue Mission
The New York City Rescue Mission (NYCRM) has an opening for the Executive Director position. As America’s first rescue mission, NYCRM has administered to poor and needy New Yorkers for over 138 years.
Candidates interested in applying should have a background in rescue mission work and be experienced in working with homeless and destitute people.
Responsible for providing Ministry leadership and oversight of day-to-day operations in conjunction and agreement with plans and processes approved by the New York City Rescue Mission (NYCRM) Board of Trustees.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director provides overall leadership to the entire organization, including program development, management and administration, governance, board relations, financial management, public/community relations, fund development, human resource management, volunteer leadership, and strategic direction.
General Experience: Christian ministry management and leadership experience. Familiarity with administration and policy development. Previous ministry in an executive director or comparable role is desirable.
Specific Experience: Previous experience in working with Board members, fundraising, program development and public relations is desirable. Experience and understanding of financial controls is essential.
Education: A degree in Theology / Biblical Studies and experience in ministry administration is desirable.
Fundraising and Public Relations: A background and understanding of fundraising techniques and Public Relations is necessary. The candidate must ensure that Public Relations compliment ongoing Fundraising activities.
Spiritual Qualifications: Must have a strong Christian evangelical position demonstrating a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Candidate must have a calling to the ministry of rescue.
Leadership Qualities: Individual must have a servant leadership posture in directing the Mission’s activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ensures that the established vision and purpose of NYCRM is maintained.
• Executes policies developed by the Board of Trustees
• Works with the Board to further their role of ministry governance.
• Demonstrates leadership in strategic planning with results reported at quarterly meetings of the Board of Trustees.
• Develops an annual budget for Board approval which ensures that the financial health of the organization is protected.
• Creates a strong Management team to ensure the smooth operation of day-to-day ministry.
• Ensures risk management strategies are in place to mitigate negative exposure to the Board of Trustees, Staff, Guests and Donors, as well as the assets and reputation of the organization.
For additional information, go to www.nycrescue.org.
Please send resume with references preceded by cover letter to: New York City Rescue Mission; c/o Succession Committee; P.O. Box 296; Canal Street Station; New York, NY 10013