This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management/Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Costa Mesa, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/05/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY: The AVPEM/Director of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for the leadership and management of the Undergraduate Admissions Office. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM).
• Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, and identity of the University, both internally and externally.
• Provide vision, leadership, mentorship, and management for undergraduate admissions staff.
• Establish measurable goals and objectives for undergraduate admissions.
• Hire, mentor, and hold undergraduate admissions team accountable for meeting office and University goals and expectations.
• Work with the VPEM to develop and implement student marketing including print and electronic collateral. Manage all communication from the Undergraduate Admissions Office to various constituents.
• Develop and annually assess recruitment strategies and territories using metrics and trend data. Mentor admissions counselors to be strong territory managers. Monitor, and adjust if necessary, undergraduate enrollment goals, efforts, and messaging on a daily basis.
• Manage the undergraduate admissions budget.
• Manage a small recruitment territory or roster of key constituents. May include limited travel.
• Represent undergraduate admissions and the University at various meetings, events and/or conferences. Lead the comprehensive review of undergraduate applications for admission consideration including the Undergraduate Admissions Committee.
• Participate, with direction from the VPEM, in graduate admissions and financial aid areas.
• Award institutional and federal/state financial aid, and coaching admissions counselors on financial aid appointments with students/families.
• Fulfill other duties as assigned.
• Baccalaureate degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• 8 or more years of progressive experience in admissions. Preference is given to candidates who have worked in undergraduate admissions at Christian and/or private institutions, and who has served in a leadership position in admissions department (Director or above).
• Knowledge of and ability to implement admissions and enrollment “best practices.”
• Experience awarding institutional and financial aid, and with coaching staff on how to meet with parents and students for same
• Successful proven leadership experience. A personal record of leadership and service that shows integrity, accountability, and ability to achieve goals.
• Strong collaborative, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to work independantly.
• Experience in the use of analytics as a part of a comprehensive admissions strategic plan and accountability.
• Professional experience in print and electronic marketing and/or public relations.
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent computer skills.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University, its programs and requirements.
• Ability to effectively and appropriately represent Vanguard University in a variety of situations.
SALARY: Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Performa Higher Education under the leadership of Vice President Tim Fuller is directing this search. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and statement of personal Christian faith journey to Tim Fuller – email@example.com - using Vanguard University AVPEM/Director of Admissions Search in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Vanguard University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1920, Vanguard is affiliated with the Assemblies of God and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). With the campus located in Costa Mesa, just an hour from Los Angeles, two hours from the San Bernardino Mountains, and ten minutes from Newport Beach, the students and faculty enjoy excellent access to arts and recreation opportunities while living in what many describe as the best climate in the United States. More information about the University can be found on our web site at www.vanguard.edu.
VANGUARD UNIVERITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies, that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2000 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will mentor employees in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.