This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mt. Vernon, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 04/04/2011
Categories: Administrative - CEO/Executive
Job Type: Full-Time
Lifeboat Alliance is a startup 501c3 not-for-profit organization with the vision of "Helping the Homeless Weather Life's Storms."
Our mission is "To be a Christian ministry of shelter, resources, and support to the homeless." We will be a 33 room shelter with separate wings to serve men, women, and families. Our target clients are people who are wanting to make a sustained life-change to long-term housing with a stable income. Learn more about our organization at www.lifeboatalliance.org.
The Executive Director will be responsible for oversight of all operations of the facility as shown on the organizational chart. She/he will be responsible for direct supervision of case management. She/he will implement the goals of the organization as established by the Board of Directors, propose budgets, manage the affairs of the organization, and implement administrative functions of the organization. The Executive Director will work with churches and community organizations, board of directors, funding bodies, and network with state, federal and local organizations to promote the goals and objectives of the organization.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
1. Shall be responsible for initiating, coordinating, and completing the administrative functions required for the effective implementation of the established policies and procedures of the Board of Directors.
2. Notify the President of the Board of Directors of any changes that warrant Board attention.
3. Attend monthly Board meetings and Board committee meetings as requested.
4. Provide for accurate records and statistical collection.
5. Maintain records for the corporation including personnel and payroll records.
6. Maintain the fiscal policies established by the corporation.
7. Monitor grant expenditures and prepare reimbursement requests.
8. Maintain grant records, prepare and submit timely grant reports as required by the funding organization.
9. Authorize expenditures of funds within the budget provided by Board of Directors.
10. Ensure consistent client services are provided.
11. Ensure adequate staff training is provided.
12. Facilitate management and staff meetings as needed to ensure efficient operations.
13. Serve as a liaison between Lifeboat Alliance and the Southern Illinois Continuum of Care.
14. Provide technical assistance to groups working to establish a shelter facility.
15. Comply with all funding guidelines.
16. Attend to all other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
Bachelors degree required. Degree in social work or a related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted for education with approval by the Board of Directors. Must be able to demonstrate initiative, good organizational skills, good interpersonal skills, and good communication skills. Must have a valid driver’s license. Three years experience in administration/management and three years experience in supervision is preferred. Must have a heart for Christian service.
Apply for the Position:
To apply, please email your application documents to Dr. Tyler Brown at email@example.com