This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Computer Programmer (Siebel)
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 03/29/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
The Computer Programmer (Siebel) will work with a team of other programmers to perform software design, development, and maintenance activities. This will include configuring, customizing, and developing Siebel applications. He/she will leverage the following Siebel tools and technologies: workflow, scripting, EIM, EAI, configuration, non-repository tools (Data Validation Manager, Run Time Events, etc.), BI Publisher, and etc. He/she will work to contribute to the overall objective of delivering functioning, well-designed, and coded applications or application enhancements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Participate in all phases of the software life cycle development within applications.
• Participate as a member of a development team.
• Research and participate in fact-finding to gather user and system requirements.
• Prepare detailed functional and technical specifications through detailed analysis.
• Prepare technical designs from which programs will be written.
• Produce workable, efficient code that meets technical specifications.
• Unit and system test his/her own code as well as the code of co-workers.
• Debug programs, identify the source of issues, and propose and implement appropriate solutions.
• Document functional and technical requirements, solutions, and design adhering to standard operating procedures.
• Respond to and resolve service requests from customers. These may be in the form of complaints and/or inquiries or HelpDesk tickets.
• Provide technical training and assistance to users and other technical personnel in the form of training for the use of newly developed or enhanced software.
• Analysis of code to find causes of errors and resolve those errors.
• Participate in technical problem solving discussions with his/her team or other teams.
• Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Principles of computer technology
• Principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming
• Computer programming languages
• Advanced principles and techniques of system analysis, design, and programming
• Standard SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
• Development of detailed end-user documentation and provision of end-user support
• Apply technical standards, principles, theories, and processes such as change and release management
• Troubleshot errors in data, program logic, and program coding
• Prepare flow charts and diagrams for technical solutions
• Compile, organize, analyze, and present statistical and technical data
• Assist other programmers on assigned projects or tasks
• Communicate well verbally and in writing
• Write clear and concise programming documentation
• Learn new programming technologies, such as Siebel workflow, scripting, EIM, configuration, troubleshooting, and BI Publisher
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments with focus on meeting deadlines successfully
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or related field or equivalent years of professional work experience and at least 1 year experience in computer programming positions of increasing complexity, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience can be met through internships (paid or unpaid).