The Computer Programmer (Siebel) will work with a team of other programmers to perform software design, development, and maintenance activities. This will include configuring, customizing, and developing Siebel applications. He/she will leverage the following Siebel tools and technologies: workflow, scripting, EIM, EAI, configuration, non-repository tools (Data Validation Manager, Run Time Events, etc.), BI Publisher, and etc. He/she will work to contribute to the overall objective of delivering functioning, well-designed, and coded applications or application enhancements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Participate in all phases of the software life cycle development within applications.
• Participate as a member of a development team.
• Research and participate in fact-finding to gather user and system requirements.
• Prepare detailed functional and technical specifications through detailed analysis.
• Prepare technical designs from which programs will be written.
• Produce workable, efficient code that meets technical specifications.
• Unit and system test his/her own code as well as the code of co-workers.
• Debug programs, identify the source of issues, and propose and implement appropriate solutions.
• Document functional and technical requirements, solutions, and design adhering to standard operating procedures.
• Respond to and resolve service requests from customers. These may be in the form of complaints and/or inquiries or HelpDesk tickets.
• Provide technical training and assistance to users and other technical personnel in the form of training for the use of newly developed or enhanced software.
• Analysis of code to find causes of errors and resolve those errors.
• Participate in technical problem solving discussions with his/her team or other teams.
• Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Principles of computer technology
• Principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming
• Computer programming languages
• Advanced principles and techniques of system analysis, design, and programming
• Standard SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
• Development of detailed end-user documentation and provision of end-user support
• Apply technical standards, principles, theories, and processes such as change and release management
• Troubleshot errors in data, program logic, and program coding
• Prepare flow charts and diagrams for technical solutions
• Compile, organize, analyze, and present statistical and technical data
• Assist other programmers on assigned projects or tasks
• Communicate well verbally and in writing
• Write clear and concise programming documentation
• Learn new programming technologies, such as Siebel workflow, scripting, EIM, configuration, troubleshooting, and BI Publisher
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments with focus on meeting deadlines successfully
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or related field or equivalent years of professional work experience and at least 1 year experience in computer programming positions of increasing complexity, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience can be met through internships (paid or unpaid).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Web DeveloperHigh Point
- Dallas, Texas
- October 27
Web DeveloperTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- October 13
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Software DeveloperChristian Aid Mission
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- September 8
Cru is an interdenominational ministry committed to helping take the gospel of Jesus Christ to all nations. We cooperate with millions of Christians from churches of many denominations and hundreds of other Christian organizations around the world to help Christians grow in their faith and share the Gospel message with their fellow countrymen. Working together with these fellow believers, our goal for this decade is to help give every man, woman, and child in the entire world an opportunity to find new life in Jesus Christ. Our commitment is More...