This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Teachers Preschool-Secondary for MKs in Korea
All Nations Christian Academy
Yangpyeong-eup, near Seoul, Yangpyeong-Kun, Korea, Republic of
Date Posted: 03/28/2011
Categories: Christian Teacher - Missions
Job Type: Full-Time
WANTED: Christian Preschool, Elementary, Secondary School Native English Speaking Teachers
All Nations Christian Academy (ANCA), Korea
Do you want to make your life count? Do you want to take part in a dynamic school ministry of training the next generation of Korean missionaries and discipling servant leaders? Here’s your chance to make a lasting impact in our next Joshua generation’s lives as we disciple our future global servant leaders.
1. About our school and the ministry
Our mission is to train up young people, especially Korean missionary kids (MKs), as well as evangelize and disciple local children according to the Word of God. We seek to provide well-rounded Christian education and to equip students to be radical world changers for Jesus Christ. We believe that teachers are to disciple as well as assist parents to disciple each student, so classes are small.
Classes are taught in English, using American curriculum from Christian and secular publishers. Our team has worked hard to create a unique learning environment which differentiates ANCA from other schools. We don’t just impart knowledge, but we impart a godly life.
URGENT: Recently 12 MKs have enrolled and we expect more soon. It is urgent that we recruit qualified long-term teachers. If you can not come right away, please apply nevertheless.
- Believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior and cultivate a personal relationship with Him everyday
- Have a mission / discipleship mind; be flexible, willing to do more than the minimum job requirement
- Hold at least a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- DO NOT need a teaching certificate, but preferably have classroom teaching or administrative experience.
- Must be a native speaker of English: South Korea gives teaching visas only to citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, and South Africa. Others need not apply.
- Retired people are welcome
- Provide classroom instruction and other services associated with instruction. The school allocates about $42.00 p.m. for supplies.
- Consult with and correct students’ behavior as needed
- Occasionally sponsor or supervise extra activities and programs
- Serve at least 47 hours a week including daily morning devotions and Sunday school and worship. This may include teaching one 45 minute ESL class each afternoon. Time is provided during working hours for class preparation.
-Participate in English worship and Sunday school 9:30-12:30. Take turns helping other teachers conduct Sunday school classes and/or work on a team for community outreach.
4. Salaries and Benefits
- Monthly salary Won1,500,000 (This is a mission ministry. MKs are given drastic tuition discounts. Salary may be increased based on qualifications and job performance in succeeding years.)
- Optional paid summer or winter Vision Trip as escort plus 10 working days paid vacation per year). Vision Trips depend on number of children registering.
- 12 or more paid holidays and six meals a week
- Korean E-2 teaching visa for qualified persons; F-4 visa holders are welcome
- Housing (furnished apartment) and shared use of vehicles
- 3% Korean annuity tax is deducted from your salary (about W45,000 p.m.; Korean gov’t can refund it when you leave Korea permanently)
- Korean Medical Insurance Union, which entitles you to the same rate medical services and
prescriptions as Korean citizens (Teachers & ANCA each pay 50% of W60,000 p.m.)
- Severance pay equivalent to salary for one month after completing a year of employment.
5. Contract Period
One year. (The contract may be extended upon evaluation.)
6. Starting Date
August 2011 and thereafter (Preschool teachers needed immediately)
Korea now has about 20,000 foreign missionaries--second only to the USA--so the need to educate their children is growing. Because many of these children have been studying overseas in English medium schools, they cannot easily adjust to the Korean public school system; some want to continue their education in English.
With a simple life style, a single teacher can live on $500 a month here. You have internet access at school and in your apartment. Our school is located near Yangpyeong, a town which has modern stores and good Western type medical, dental, and chiropractic care. It’s about an hour by bus, subway, or train from Seoul. The area is pollution free and virtually crime free. In addition to our English worship services, our teachers often attend afternoon English worship services in Seoul’s mega churches.
7. If you are interested…
You may scan all documents listed below and email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org Then we will provide more details about application procedure.* (see also web site below)
1. Resume with your birth date, education, job experience, and photo
2. Transcript from College/University (scanned copy OK, but originals needed for immigration)
3. Letter of reference from senior pastor on church’s letterhead stationery, if possible (email OK)
4. Your testimony (how you were saved, spiritual growth, and your involvement in church/es or mission)
* Please provide your starting date, phone number/s, time zone, and preferred times so we can call you.
Ruth Eshenaur, Ph.D., International Affairs Director
All Nations Christian Academy
222-2 ShinaeRi, Yangpyeong-Eup
Yangpyung-Kun, Gyunggi-Do, South Korea 476-803
E-mail address: email@example.com
Off. 82-31-773-5765 or 5665; Hm. 82-31-773-8891; Web address: http://www.ancakorea.com/