This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Dorie's Promise Guatemala
Guatemala City , Zone 10, Guatemala
Date Posted: 03/24/2011
Categories: Advertising/PR - Hospitality
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Missions Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Alej Diaz
PURPOSE: The Mission Coordinator is responsible for making visitors to Dorie’s Promise Guatemala feel welcome and comfortable and leave with a desire to be involved the work of the orphanage.
TYPE OF POSITION: To make visiting teams feel needed, accomplished, and appreciated during their project at Dorie's Promise.
1. Applicants must speak both English and Spanish - (you don't have to be fluent in Spanish but have a basic command of the language)
2. Applicants must be willing to commit to an 18 month stay in Guatemala City
1. We are a Guatemalan orphanage - we pay Guatemalan wages
2. We provide room and board at the orphanage as part of your compensation package
3. We have a medical doctor on site
• Facilities: Working with the team to make sure that the visitor facilities are prepped and ready for visitors to arrive.
• Food: Establishing menus and making sure the groceries are bought and that the staff is ready to prepare meals for guests.
• Transportation: Coordinating with staff drivers to make sure guests and picked up at the airport on time and safely transported around the city.
2. Arrival Orientation
• Introduce yourself to the visiting mission teams and quickly establish credibility. Walk them through their schedule, arrival packets, and present the community outreach and Forever Friend projects.
3. Daily Responsibilities
• Team Devotions: Prepare and lead devotions daily devotions for each short-term mission team that visits Dorie’s Promise Guatemala.
• Daily Debrief : For each mission team lead a debrief meeting covering the activities of the day and what to expect next.
• Special Outing Trip: Plan and arrange the activities for a off campus outings for mission teams.
• Community Outreach program: Work with Dr. Castro and Alej to develop a meaningful community outreach program.
• Dorie’s Promise Work project: Work with Alej to define work projects that need to be done at Dorie’s Promise and plan those out with the FCI mission coordinator.
• Coordinate On-site Activities: Coordinate Bible Schools and other activities for the children of Dorie’s Promise to do with visiting mission teams.
• Communicate w/ potential Volunteers
• Communicate w/ potential Sponsors
• Story of the Week: Each week identify and write stories about people, children, or events that are happening at Dorie’s Promise.
• Photography: Take photos and video of activities at Dorie’s Promise and make sure those are regularly updated to Flickr.
• Quarterly Sponsor Updates: Work with the marketing team to make sure that we have quarterly photo, video, art, and written updates for each child.