This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Elementary Learning Support Specialist (LSS)
Chiang Mai International School
Chiang Mai, Thailand, Thailand
Date Posted: 03/23/2011
Categories: Christian Teacher - Education
Job Type: Full-Time
The Elementary Learning Support Specialist is a highly qualified teacher who is responsible for assessing, prescribing, and implementing programs and modifications for students of mild to moderate learning disabilities. This is a pull-out program for students in Grades 1 thru 6 and may consist of one-on-one to very small group instruction.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with at least two years of experience in a comparable professional position. The salary is based on $1,600 to $1,800 USD per month, payable in Thai baht. The position is for a minimum two-year contract.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Providing at least 24 individualized and mini-group learning sessions per week, collaborating with student's homeroom teacher to compliment curriculum, creating graphic organizers and setting curriculum, and creating modified lessons to accommodate students skill level, academic, cognitive, or behavioral issues, and assisting with the development and implementation of learning behavior logs,
2. Administering standardized and informal assessments,
3. Writing detailed academic progress reports,
4. Creating learning support plans and IEPs as necessary, designing and implementing appropriate remedial learning programs;
5. Being part of the Student Services Department and working cooperatively with department members, teachers and parents, and administration.
6. Advocating for students and assisting parents in obtaining outside agencies and support services for their children, as needed.