Celebrating more than 200 years in ministry, Biblica provides God’s word to guide people into a spiritual encounter with Jesus Christ. Our purpose is to help people mature in their spiritual formation through translation, publishing, and Bible engagement. The
work of Biblica will be complete when every person in the world is given the opportunity to encounter Jesus Christ through God’s Word and be transformed.
Formerly known as the International Bible Society, Biblica is the translation sponsor and publisher of the New International Version® (NIV®).
Within the Resource Development & Communications Division, as an integral part of the Major Relations Department, the Regional Director will increase funding for the global ministry of Biblica by obtaining donations primarily from major donors.
The Regional Director is responsible for developing new contacts, managing relationships and fundraising activities with major donors in a defined region of the United States. Biblica is expanding its development work to include two new territories. This person
will identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, build, and steward a portfolio of major donors and prospective donors consisting mainly of individuals, but also including businesses, churches, foundations and other donor entities. Donor research and networking
to bring in new donors and prospects is critical to success in this position. Qualified candidates must be able to properly represent Biblica as a global ministry to external audiences.
• Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ; agreement with Biblica’s Statement of Faith, commitment to Biblica’s mission; desire to grow in Biblica’s core values.
• Must live within the assigned geographic region to give better access to donors and prospects.
• Degree in Business, Finance, or related field, or equivalent experience. Three or more years experience in fundraising, sales, or financial planning with demonstrated personal success in meeting financial targets.
• Willingness to practice biblical principles in all Biblica relationships; commitment to biblical conflict resolution.
• High integrity—truthfulness, meeting commitments, keeping confidences.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully network and cultivate referrals in order to bring new major donor partners to the ministry.
• Resourceful, exhibiting initiative and self-motivation.
• Experience in planning, evaluation, and reporting.
• Willingness to travel up to 40 percent of the time. Some international travel may be required.
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of personality, management, and leadership styles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including presentation skills.
• Experience with Microsoft e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
To submit a cover letter and resume, or for a full job description, please contact:
The Timothy Group
1663 Sutherland Dr. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508