Are you an energetic, self-motivated individual with a passion for evangelism and excellent communication skills? Do you have a sharp, analytical mind for improving processes and user experiences? Do you have an eye for functional code design? Jews for Jesus is a well-known international evangelistic outreach organization headquartered in San Francisco in need of a software developer with strong conceptual and production skills. This is a challenging, but rewarding position that will allow you to show your user focused design, coding, testing and documentation skills in our I.T. department. This unique opportunity challenges you to join a creative team. You will help our staff to manage their workflows using an online CRM database. You will integrate our back-end systems with our public websites. If you think this might be “you” we are describing, make it a matter of prayer.
• Commitment first and foremost to following Jesus Christ with all your life
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast paced environment
• Ability to support multiple user groups
• Experience using an industry standard full life cycle structured software design/development methodology
• Familiar with the following:
- .NET 2.0 with VB.NET (1+ years, essential to apply)
- Using Microsoft tools for development (1+ years)
- Object Oriented Design and Analysis
• Proficiency with Transact-SQL (2+ years)
• Experience with Visual Studio .NET (2008+ preferred)
• SQL Server 2005 and/or SQL Server 2008 database engine experience
• Experience with SQL Server 2005 and/or SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
• Familiar with manipulating XML using .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio .NET (1+ years)
• Data manipulation, logic, and management expertise
• Familiar with usability design principles
• University degree in business, computer science or similar degree, and/or equivalent work experience
• A portfolio, demonstrating your contributions to medium and at least one large sized software development project
• Experience documenting enterprise systems for both other technical staff and end-users
• Use Case Analysis and/or UML diagramming experience
• Experience with industry standard software testing methodologies
• Experience using version control systems, e.g. Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS) or Apache™ Subversion®
• Web page manipulation experience including:
- HTML (3+ years)
- AJAX (1+ years)
- CSS (1+ years)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Jews for Jesus
Jews for Jesus is an evangelistic organization dedicated to spreading the Gospel according to Romans 1:16. Our work is done as an arm of the local churches that are of various denominations.
Our Mission Statement We exist to make the messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue to our Jewish people worldwide.
Our Core Values Understanding that we at Jews for Jesus: - are under the authority of God and His word , - desire to honor Messiah Y'shua, and - are dependent upon the enabling power of the Holy Spirit...
...we commit to th More...