This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
River of Life Christian Community
Catonsville, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 03/17/2011
Categories: Administrative - Church Staff
Job Type: Part-Time
The ministry of the administrative assistant is to support the Pastor in order to facilitate and pursue the mission of the church. The position is a ministry to the Lord and His people. The person must be able to learn to handle a variety of details on various projects/ministries.
We use a lot of Microsoft Office software - Word / Excel / Publisher /PowerPoint
Duties include the following tasks:
- Prepare worship bulletin
- Prepare Power Point presentations
- Prepare letters, brochures.
- Update and keep church records using our LOGOS church software. (Candidate must learn this.)
- Assist the treasurer in basic bookkeeping functions
- Assist/Supervise other part-time and volunteer church staff
We are an Anglican Mission under the authority of the Anglican Province of Rwanda, Africa. [Anglican Mission in the Americas] Our new website is under construction. See http://www.theamia.org/ for an overview of who and what we are.
Our Office is currently in the home of the pastor. Ministry occurs out of several homes. Sunday celebration is in a community center in Columbia, MD.
Hours are negotiable and somewhat flexible. Approximately 20 hours. Some work from home is a possibility.
Important values of importance for this ministry include:
- Confidentiality, Charity and Compassion
- Having a saving faith in Jesus Christ and being able to articulate your faith
- Stewardship of the resources God provides both at work and personally
- Excellence as a goal in all aspects of ministry
We are very serious about our worship and ministry but relaxed and informal in our approach. We try to have fun and enjoy the Lord while we work for His Kingdom.