Deputy Country Director
Juba, South Sudan - The Deputy Country Director (DCD) is responsible to assist the Country Director (CD) in activities that promote the success of field programs and staff development. Management responsibilities include
government and donor relations, program design and implementation, grants, budgets, daily field operations, and field staff support.
• Work with the CD to create and articulate a clear vision and strategy for Samaritan’s Purse (SP) in the field
• Perform field assessments, identify needs, and design appropriate response programs in coordination with the CD and area Program Managers (PM).
• Make periodic visits to SP field sites to provide field staff support, address programmatic challenges, and explore potential program possibilities.
• Assist in writing proposals, creating budgets, and planning new activities
• Lead field support team including field safety and security officer, field human resource manager, fleet manager, and technical systems officer
• Coordinate finance and logistics managers in conjunction with the CD
• Maintain organizational and operational policies and procedures of Samaritan's Purse.
• Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the CD.
• Monitor financial accountability, and ensure systems are in place to monitor accountability
• Provide professional representation for SP with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs and visitors as requested.
• Ensure SP compliance with legal and cultural requirements
• Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep SP informed of events, including crisis response
• Liaise with donors and potential partners in identifying and pursuing potential program and funding opportunities.
• Be a spiritual leader within the SP team
• All other duties deemed necessary by the Regional Director or Country Director.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years related experience
• Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa
• Field level management experience
• Experience in leading a large team
• Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Possesses strong networking skills and organizational skills
• Knowledge of project planning and implementation
• Experienced in cross-cultural team leadership
• Understanding and experience in logistics
• Experience of financial and administrative coordination
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable
• Ability to operate for extended periods in austere conditions
• Willingness to travel frequently
• Ability to coordinate activities with local involvement and establish working relationships with other NGOs
• Good team-worker and able to live and work closely with a team
Length of contract: 24 months
Target date to the field: March 2011
Open until filled
Use these Links to learn more about the position for the Deputy Country Director 590 and to complete an Online Application
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sales and Marketing CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...