Founded as Mary's Help Hospital at the turn of the century by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, Seton Medical Center has been providing medical care to the people of San Francisco and Northern San Mateo County for almost 100 years. The facility is licensed for 478 beds on two campuses (229 of which are acute) and has over 440 physicians and approximately 1,400 associates who offer surgical procedures, treatment options and comprehensive health care services. The largest employer in Daly City, Seton provides many tertiary services including cancer treatment, diabetes and endoscopy care, nuclear medicine, speech, physical and occupational therapy, surgical services, women's care services, wound care and health education. Seton Medical Center additionally offers 24-hour emergency care services through the emergency departments at both facilities.
Seton Medical Center Foundation is a dynamic institution that mobilizes support for Seton Medical Center and Seton Coastside, to benefit the health of their communities, allowing the Daughters of Charity to continue their work of compassionate service to the underserved. Their annual operating budget is approximately $1 million. Reporting to the hospital CEO, the Foundation will spearhead the philanthropic planning for and the implementation of the launch of a capital campaign, with a goal tentatively identified at $100 million, with a launch date of 2012.
The Seton Medical Center Foundation’s Vice President of Development serves as a member of the Seton senior management team, reporting directly to the President & CEO. This executive level position leads a team of four staff members and is responsible for the planning, direction, implementation and management of the Foundation’s activities to bring in and distribute revenue (primarily from charitable gifts) in support of Seton’s capital, operating and endowment needs. Addressing the financial needs and promoting the mission of the Seton Medical Center and the Daughters of Charity Health System, the Vice President of Development is responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive fundraising program including the new capital campaign plan.
Selected Performance Objectives included:
• Works under The direction of Seton’s President & CEO and working closely with other senior management staff to assist in fulfilling the mission and achieving the vision of Seton Medical Center.
• Serves as the chief development officer for Seton Medical Center, providing strategic leadership in significantly growing the organization’s donor base and giving levels.
• Plans and manages activities of the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Provides leadership to its expansion, effective management, and increased focus on philanthropy.
• Serves as an articulate, enthusiastic and visible external spokesperson for Seton Medical Center and the Foundation.
• Leads, motivates, and provides direction for and supervision of the Foundation staff; holds staff accountable for achieving their fundraising goals.
• Working with Seton’s CFO, prepares and manages the Foundation’s budget and annually evaluates the effectiveness of Foundation programs including cost analysis.
• Establishes specific annual philanthropic objectives that demonstrate growth and success for the Foundation.
• Provides timely and thorough reports about the Foundation’s activities and results to the President & CEO and to the Foundation Board.
Seton Medical Center seeks a compassionate, dedicated and seasoned team player; a professional with proven accomplishments in diverse fundraising programs and leadership positions and someone who is fully committed to its mission and vision. The Vice President of Development for its Foundation will play an integral role in realizing fruition of the organization’s future plans for growth and development in this decade.
The successful candidate, as a minimum, will also have:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, advanced degree preferred.
• Additional coursework and/or certifications in philanthropy or health care leadership are preferred.
• Ten or more years of progressively more responsible fund development experience, with a proven track record in all aspects of health care fundraising.
• Prior experience in the planning for and execution of significant (capital) campaigns is highly preferred.
• Ability to plan, organize, motivate, and manage projects, budgets and people.
• Excellent organizational and extensive supervisory experience with a keen ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Extraordinary background in working with Senior Hospital leadership, Boards of Directors, other high-level volunteers, hospital or medical center constituents, including physicians and other staff, in fundraising.
• Established contacts in the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley area are highly desirable.
• Demonstrated motivation, initiative, persistence, commitment, and follow-through.
• Computer literacy and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or compatible development database experience.
• Strong verbal, written, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills with keen respect to absolute discretion in handling confidential information.
• High energy and integrity; ability to represent the Foundation and the Seton Medical Center in a professional and appropriate fashion.
• Exceptional people person with the capacity to relate to and interact successfully with people of considerable achievement and financial means.
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
The search is being managed by Heather Eddy, CFRE, President and COO of Alford Group Executive Search. To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at http://ag-es.kintera.org/applicant. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. No applications will be accepted via email. Questions may be addressed to Kelly Clarke, Search Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Vice President of CommunicationForum of Christian Leaders
- Lisle, Illinois
- December 8
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- December 8
Director of DevelopmentChapterNext
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 6
Development OfficerDream Centers of Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- December 5
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Alford Group Executive Search
Alford Group Executive Search, a retained search firm, is a subsidiary of The Alford Group, one of the largest and most respected consulting firms working with not-for-profit organizations across the country. Established in 1979, The Alford Group has served more than 2,700 not-for-profit organizations nationwide through its offices in Chicago, Seattle, and Boston.
In response to demand for professional assistance in recruiting and placing top talent in not-for-profit organizations, The Alford Group established a new se More...