This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief Operating Officer
Oasis International Ltd
Geneva, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 02/26/2011
Categories: Management - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Chief Operating Officer - International Business as Mission Organization
Oasis International Ltd is the leading Bible and Christian book publisher focused on the countries of English-speaking Africa. As Chief Operating Officer you will oversee the operations and bookkeeping of a dynamic international organization, working with the President, staff, suppliers and African distributors to grow the Church through building a healthy Christian book industry.
There are 17 English-speaking African countries where the Church is growing rapidly but Christian resources are rare. Partnering with African entrepreneurs, Oasis now distributes books in 15 countries and is positioned for growth. Eliminating steps that can drive up costs, Oasis offers a growing number of quality Christian resources at prices affordable to many more Africans. Titles include The Purpose Driven Life and the groundbreaking Africa Bible Commentary. See: www.oasisint.net
Primary Position Objectives:
The job will be successfully accomplished when:
- an African distribution network is firmly established in countries where it is in its infancy or non-existent.
- entrepreneurial book distributors are assessed, trained and enabled to serve their nation and their Church.
- Oasis experiences continued healthy growth as the President is enabled to concentrate more fully on strategic planning, building key relationships and developing projects and titles from African authors.
- sales increase because distributors are better trained in business practices and marketing methods.
- strategic partnerships are further developed with ministries, African churches, and development agencies.
- turns increase because distributors effectively manage their Oasis inventory.
- sales and velocity increase by efficient management of production and printing.
- costs are reduced through effective coordination of publishing, distribution and remainder businesses.
- Oasis requires a candidate with proven management experience who wishes to make an impact in a part of the world where life is difficult and who has a strong belief in the power of literature to change lives and grow the Church.
- The ideal candidate is energized by the opportunity to enable a well established and respected organization meet its potential, guiding the organization in a period of strong growth.
- Well organized with proficiency in business software, candidate must be able to work effectively from home, with strong self-motivation.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and lead in a multi-cultural context; should have an understanding of shipping and production procedures, inventory management, marketing, pricing and accounting issues.
- Candidate must be in agreement with the Oasis statement of faith.
- The candidate will work directly with the President.
Please send résumé to:
Oasis International Ltd., 1770 S. Randall Road, Suite A188, Geneva, IL 60134
email@example.com Call 630-514-5929 for more information.