Bright Hope seeks individual with a vibrant passion to help the extreme poor on behalf of Jesus AND demonstrated ability to achieve revenue targets of $1M annually AND solid planning and organization skills. Relocation funds are not available for this position.
Bright Hope’s Mission and Vision:
Bright Hope is a Christian international relief and development organization dedicated to bringing Hope to those who live on less than $1 a day. We seek to provide for the physical, economic, and spiritual needs of the Extreme Poor through holistic partnerships with indigenous churches in some of the poorest countries around the world.
This position works with individuals, communities, businesses, organizations, and associations to raise awareness of the mission, vision and goals of Bright Hope and its projects. The position identifies new allies and interests, connects interests to Bright Hope projects and programs, and gains commitment and closure from the allies. The position builds relationships and explores new fundraising ideas with the ultimate outcome of new or increased ally contributions. This role reports to the Director, Ally Development.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or economics
• Experience in non-profit fundraising through donors
• 5 years direct sales or business development experience
• Proved track record of achieving revenue targets of $1M annually
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to identify new allies, understand their interest and giving potential, link interests to Bright Hope projects and programs, and gain commitment
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills to build and maintain relationships
• Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new and existing accounts
• Demonstrated ability to present a positive public image
• Knowledge of RaisersEdge
• Strong knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel, Powerpoint
• Ability to track and report on donor interactions
• Ability to conduct internet research
• Self motivated
• Works well under pressure
• Manages several projects effectively at one time
• Works well in cross-functional teams
Special Position Requirements:
• Affirms Bright Hope’s Belief Statement and models the Christian faith, as described at
• Passion for helping the extreme poor around the world
• Local travel required
To Apply for this position please forward your Resume and cover letter to the following Email email@example.com, thank you.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Bright Hope envisions a world where under-resourced, indigenous churches transform their communities and bring Hope to the extreme poor.
Our efforts are to have a holistic program with physical aid, economic development and spiritual growth in each of our partnerships. We call this aspect of our ministry: Hope for Today, Hope for Tomorrow and Hope for Eternity.