This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Whitaker Group
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Date Posted: 02/10/2011
Categories: Administrative - Consulting Services
Job Type: Full-Time
A growing strategic public affairs firm focused on advancing business in Africa is looking for a strong leader to serve as Administrative Assistant. The Firm works with international corporations, African governments and private foundations to facilitate capital flows, public-private partnerships and trade-oriented policy initiatives to advance development in Africa. The Administrative Assistant will be a key member of the organization’s operational team reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance & Operations. The Assistant will provide direct in-office support to the Management Team – Secondary to President & CEO, Primary to the MD and VP as well as general duties in the areas of finance, administration, HR and events.
• Oversees the front office, copy/supply room, conference room and kitchen areas; maintains organization, cleanliness and employee access.
• Greets public in person and on the telephone, provides general information, answers questions and directs individuals to appropriate party as necessary.
• Develops resources, processes and procedures to improve organizational efficiency.
• Performs general secretarial and clerical duties, including typing, copying and filing of correspondence, memos, letters, etc.
• Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and corporate activities for all members of the organization.
• Organizes filing system and information.
• Manages office petty cash, including distributions to staff and preparation of reports.
• Conducts basic bookkeeping including preparation of expense reports and other activities.
• Enters and retrieves information to and from organizational database while maintaining accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality.
• Coordinates logistics and manages vendors for company events, meetings and retreats.
• Handles confidential and non-routine information.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years relevant work experience or an Associate’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience required.
• Be committed to the mission and guiding principles of the organization.
• Be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and QuickBooks.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have a professional appearance and telephone manner.
• Be detail-oriented and complete tasks with precision and accuracy.
• Have superb integrity and the ability to handle confidential and important information discretely and appropriately.
• Have excellent organizational skills.
• Be a critical/analytical thinker in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
• Proficiency in written/spoken French is a plus.
Please submit a salary history with your cover letter and resume. Please e-mail all application materials and questions to the attention of David Semadeni, Sr. Associate, Administration & Finance. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.