BY THE HAND CLUB FOR KIDS SENIOR FUND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER OVERVIEW
:Located in four of Chicago’s most under-resourced neighborhoods
, By The Hand Club is a Christian, after-school program transforming children’s lives --- mind, body and soul. Needed are mission-minded team members who desire to make a significant difference in the lives of at-risk youth while helping to grow the organization’s reach from nearly 1,000 students today to 5,000 by 2020. The Senior Fund Development Manager
will work as a part of the development team to achieve the fundraising goals of By The Hand Club. Responsibilities include broadening and deepening the base of major donors, researching and cultivating grant opportunities with major foundations, managing technical grant writers for major foundation grants, and assisting with other special fundraising events. Three years experience in fundraising is required. For more details on By The Hand Club see www.bythehand.org. To apply please email your resume to email@example.com SENOR FUND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB GOALS
The Senior Fund Development Manager will work as a part of the fund development team to achieve the fundraising goals of By The Hand Club. Responsibilities include broadening and deepening the base of mid-level donors, researching and cultivating grant opportunities with major foundations, managing technical grant writers for major foundation grants, serving on the Auxiliary Board for Spring Benefit and assisting with other special events.JOB CLASSIFICATION
: Full Time – Salaried (Flexible/evening/weekend hours required)JOB QUALIFICATION
• Personal and saving relationship with Jesus Christ
• Able to teach, practice and model Biblical/Christian principles
• Membership in a Bible believing church
• B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Communication, Business, Education
• 3-5 years experience in fundraising; working with individual donors and foundations/corporations
• Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, Internet
• eTapestry (Donor Database) experience a plus
• Strong writer and oral communicator
• Good organization, Time management, Speaking skills
• Willing to initiate and build relationships with people and foundations
• Able to work as a cooperative and supportive team member
• Driver’s license and access to a car to travel city-wideMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop, implement and evaluate strategies for significantly broadening and deepening
the base of mid-level donors for By The Hand Club (individuals giving $2,500 - $7,500 annually).
A. Identify mid-level donors that have the potential to give more and work with the Director of Fund Development on ways to move donors up the giving continuum.
B. Create ways to engage new mid-level donors through mass avenue tactics, communication connections (email, direct mail), relationships of current BTH supporters, etc.
C. Plan and implement strategies to grow the Fall Fundraising Drive
D. Work with the volunteer department to encourage volunteers to give.
E. Attend church meetings as a way of capturing new donors.2.)
Cultivate relationships and manage the process through which proposals are submitted to major foundations/corporations and other organizations likely to provide support to By The Hand Club.
A. Work with the Director of Fund Development on researching and cultivating relationships with large foundations ($100K+) that match our program in funding criteria.
B. Grow relationship with major foundations and corporation by attending events and being a good steward of the relationship (writing thank you notes, inviting to BTH events, etc.)
C. Assist Fund Development Manager in coordination of technical grant writing on major foundations, work with Technical Writer and Fund Development Manager to oversee the grant writing work.
D. Evaluate the success of technical grant writer in achieving foundation/corporation goals.3.)
Assist in the planning, writing, implementation and evaluation of the annual fund development plan.4.)
Help plan and implement Fundraising Events.
A. Attend and be a part of the Women’s Auxiliary Board with the Spring Benefit planning.
B. Assist in other special events that draw in more mid-level donors such as ladies teas, Christmas Tree-Give Away, Boxes of Love, etc.5.)
Assist in the creation of appeal letters and other BTH written materials including the bi-monthly ezine (email) newsletter. Write donor thank you notes.RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
1. 3-5 years experience in fund development efforts and/or sales skills.
2. Exposure to and participation in Christian ministry service – as a staff member or volunteer.
3. Exposure to and experience in the process by which relationships are developed with
donors and potential donors and converted into financial supporters for the ministry.
4. Experience in the development of communications strategies and tools for effective
communications with a variety of audiences and individuals.JOB BENEFITS
: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Holidays, Sick Leave, VacationMEASURABLES
# of new mid-level donors added to the database
# of mid-level donors moved up the giving continuum
# of major foundation grants prepared
# of grant funding received