This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Administrative Assistant to World Missions
Park Cities Presbyterian Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/08/2011
Categories: Administrative - Church Staff
Job Type: Full-Time
To extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Scope encompasses a department or ministry area. Performs both directed and self initiated tasks for a function or ministry. Provides administrative and support services for the ministry/department leader as well as for the department as a whole. Critical thinking and judgment required. Basic proficiencies required in competencies.
Purpose of Job
Provide administrative and support services for World Missions. Perform all PCPC work to the glory of God.
PRAY for the church, leaders, and each other. ABIDE in Christ. MODEL Christ-like behavior.
Individual Job Responsibilities
- Perform administrative support duties including keyboarding, copying, filing, scanning, scheduling meetings, reserving rooms, making travel arrangements and setting appointments
- Prepare and disseminate confidential documents and information for World Missions leadership
- Support ministry committees by reserving rooms, preparing handouts, generating reports, attending meetings, recording, preparing, disseminating and maintaining minutes
- Assist in planning and coordinating special events (i.e., reserving facilities & vehicles, collecting and organizing materials, etc.)
- Assist with publicity for each World Mission event including announcements, brochures, fliers, mail outs, posters, banners, sign-up sheets, etc.
- Maintain and update data in Shelby database for World Missions, coding volunteers, member participation, updating missionary and mission agency contact info.
- Generate reports required to support World Missions goals
- Respond to routine questions that arise during daily operations of the ministry
- Facilitate communications and build rapport with World Missions missionaries and volunteers via phone calls, notes, cards, e-mail, etc.
- Coordinate annual support letters to missionaries
- Exhibit a degree of independence and accountability for results
- Facilitate short-term mission trips with information and paperwork (criminal background checks, PCPC applications, health & release forms and insurance), create and maintain short term trip binders as relevant for each trip, and provide assistance with trip arrangements and team meetings
- Coordinate monthly Prayer for the World prayer meeting and monthly prayer time in Sunday Morning Communities with volunteers and by updating current prayer requests from missionaries
- Coordinate all aspects of missionary mailing events held two-three times per year, recruiting volunteers for setup and breakdown
- Coordinate Missionary Care by being first contact with visiting missionaries; provide hospitality; direct volunteers; plan/coordinate church wide missionary receptions; schedule missionaries with Sunday School Communities
- Pursue spiritual and professional development
- Serve as contact person for World Missions
- Coordinate monthly WMT meeting operations; take minutes for each meeting
- Send frequent e-mail updates and needs from our missionaries to the WMT
- Coordinate flow of resources and activities within the ministry
- Respond to routine requests and issues for World Missions
- Assist M&CP office with events and work load when needed
- Share reception duties in Oak lawn West building with one other co-worker; screen and allow entrance to members, employees, vendors and assist/direct them with their needs
- Provide support in preparation of annual budget
- Review budget expenditures and income on a regular basis (every two weeks); provide reporting on financial transactions as needed
- Reconcile monthly credit card statement and give prompt attention to vendor invoices
- Provide support to reconciliation process for short-term mission trip funds
- Frequently update missionary financial information (account numbers, support amounts) to master spreadsheets
- Submit funding requests to Accounting Dept. for various tasks, purposes and deadlines (e.g., quarterly wire transfers, recurring checks, one time gifts, trip expenditures, reimbursements, travel expenses, etc.)
Education and Experienced Required
College degree preferred
Two years related work experience or equivalent required
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Exposure to event planning
Must understand the role of the World Missions and how it interfaces with and impacts other departments and ministries
High diversity of tasks with varying and overlapping workloads
Work requires detail orientation and dedication to accuracy
Interacts with lay leaders, church members, staff , missionaries and mission agencies
Utilizes Shelby database frequently for membership and financial information
Normal office and church environment
Standard office hours and days (40 hours a week)
Highly relational and people intensive
Task driven work load
Occasional events outside standard office hours
Attend monthly World Missions Team (WMT) meetings