This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Media Manager
Christian Vision USA, Inc
Miami Lakes, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/08/2011
Categories: Communications - Media/Video/Radio
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Description: New Media Manager
The role of the New Media Manager reports to the Regional Director and is twofold. Firstly, to manage a team of specialists, encouraging a love of social media and an enthusiasm for current trends and insights of online spaces. Secondly, the role is to champion the cause of new media with the Regional Director, international CVC associates and within the region.
In both of the above situations, the primary focus of the New Media Manager is to develop strategies that ensure the mission and vision of CVC is accomplished, including internal or external production of content.
• Managing and training of staff
• Formulating New Media strategies
• Clearly communicating, in layman’s terms, some of the ideas and concepts to the Regional Director and international
associates in order that they can endorse and support the activities
• Addressing missionary associates and Christian audiences with CVC’s new media offerings in support of the vision
• Developing campaigns that incorporate social media techniques to generate audience for mission content
• Engaging target audiences through various social mediums to impact online communities
• Tracking and monitoring the success of online strategies (i.e. impressions, reach and influence)
• Educating non-new media staff with the opportunities available
• Providing leadership to creative team leaders in all aspects of content production
• Providing spiritual leadership to staff and encourage unity
• Research and report on digital/social media trends to the Regional Director
• Provide training to others where appropriate.
• Identify and oversee implementation of digital/social media tools as needed for production, outreach, monitoring and
measurement of new media projects.
• Create digital/social media strategies as needed and as opportunities are presented across networks of influence.
• Liaise internally with other CVC regions and associate networks as opportunities are presented in the digital/social media
• Actively participate in relevant professional (secular and Christian) associations to elevate CVC’s position in digital/social
• A strong Christian commitment and evangelical calling
• Excellent written and spoken Spanish and intimate knowledge of Hispanic culture
• Preferably a Bachelors/Graduate degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Information
• One to three years social media, new media or online communications experience.
• A good understanding of all areas of Social Media and able to identify opportunities to spread the gospel through this
• Excellent written, spoken and grammatical skills in English and Spanish (Portuguese would be a district advantage)
• Able to model expected behaviour as a team player
• A working knowledge of the technical aspects of New Media with the ability to engage at a user, management and
• Interactive, Web and Public Relations skills.
• Knowledge of online technology with particular interest in blogs, social networks, online communities, wiki’s, mobile and
other emerging trends.
• Strong communication, research, presentation and creative skills.
• Passion for new media that will be infectious amongst staff and associates.
• Willingness for overseas travel where appropriate