This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Whitaker Group
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Date Posted: 02/07/2011
Categories: Administrative - Consulting Services
Job Type: Full-Time
You are an experienced executive assistant who has operated at the highest levels of the corporate or government environments. You are excited by the prospect of working for the CEO of an international consulting firm at the level that almost approximates a Chief of Staff. You understand that excellent organizational skills, effective scheduling, and the ability to manage senior executives through the provision of efficient administrative support can be one of the most important roles in an organization. You welcome the opportunity to do so for an executive that regularly interacts with foreign and domestic political leaders, up through the Head of State level, as well as CEOs and officers from global Fortune 500 companies.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and management support to the CEO, including but not limited to:
• Manages CEO’s business and appointment calendar.
• Schedules and keeps CEO apprised of all appointments and commitments, responds to meeting requests and coordinates with CEO’s Household Assistant to ensure seamless scheduling between the business, social and appointment calendars.
• Attends senior strategy sessions and other internal and external meetings, preparing meeting notes/follow-up for distribution as appropriate.
• Manage CEO’s business and personal relationships and develops his/her own relationships to better serve CEO and organization.
• Organizes CEO’s files and manages physical and electronic contact lists.
• Receives and prioritizes items (phone calls, mail, e-mails, etc.) for CEO’s review and action.
• Works with office staff to ensure CEO is prepared for all meetings and has all logistical information.
• Writes, edits and provides assistance in preparation of documents, letters, articles, etc.
• Coordinates CEO’s travel including reservations, bookings, briefing materials, travel visas, and other necessary items.
• Accompanies CEO on domestic and international travel when required.
• Provides other services as required
• Have excellent organizational skills.
• Be poised and calm under pressure.
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8 years relevant work experience or an Associate’s degree with at least 12 years of relevant work experience.
• Be committed to the mission and guiding principles of the organization.
• Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have a professional appearance and telephone manner.
• Maintain records and files with precision and accuracy.
• Be analytical in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
• Proficiency in written/spoken French is strongly preferred
Please submit your salary history along with your cover letter and resume. Applications that do not include all of these items will not be considered.