This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Firs Retreat Center
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 01/28/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Summary: A committed follower of Christ with experience in managing people, projects and facilities needed to operate a 100 bed alpine Ski Chalet for The Firs. This job entails weekend hosting, facility upkeep, volunteer recruitment and program development.
1. Familiar with and comfortable dealing with the mechanics of a building operation, including electrical (generator), plumbing and heating.
2. A heart for serving others in the context of providing hospitality to our guests and meeting the needs of retreat leaders.
3. Willingness to work under the authority of The Firs Director of Camp and Retreat Ministries and in the context of The Firs organization.
4. Agreement with the Firs Mission Statement and Statement of Faith
5. Self-motivated, hard working, willingness to work on weekends and, at times, alone.
1. College graduate with some formal Bible education
2. Proficiency in outdoor skills and program design in an alpine setting
3. Knowledge and ability to communicate the Scriptures
4. Ability and/or willingness to recruit, train and oversee volunteers
1. Assure a clean, attractive and presentable facility inside and out at every usage of the Chalet
2. Maintain and sustain efficient operating procedures for the building and related equipment and assure a safe environment
3. Assist the Director of Camp and Retreat Ministries in overseeing all Firs sponsored programs from the perspective of budgeting, staffing, scheduling and planning.
4. Oversee the care of all Chalet guest groups onsite and work with the Guest Services department in terms of keeping a master calendar, pricing and hosting.
5. Recruit and develop a hosting team of 5-8 like minded individuals or couples to assist in weekend hosting and facility improvements.
6. Develop job descriptions of all personnel under manager’s supervision
7. Assure Chalet expenditures are made within approved operational budget and make projections and recommendations of needed capital improvements.
8. Assist in promoting the Chalet to prospective guest group leaders and other users.
9. Maintain good working relationships with Forrest Service and Mt. Baker ski area personnel
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS* UNTIL MARCH 1, 2011. INTERVIEWS TO FOLLOW.
*To be considered for this position, The Firs Application (see link, below)
and your current resume must be submitted to The Firs by March 1.
You may either mail, fax, or e-mail your application and resume.
Contact Person: Anna Johnston
Address: 4605 Cable St. Bellingham, WA 98229