This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
National Sales Director - Affiliate Sales
Sky Angel U.S., Llc.
Any, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 01/25/2011
Categories: Media/Video/Radio - Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Sky Angel is America's Premier Christian Television Service.
NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR – AFFILIATE SALES
Sky Angel is a revolutionary television service that delivers over 80 faith and family channels directly to your TV. The service comes with the Sky Angel receiver box that delivers a digital-quality picture and does not require an outside dish, antenna, or professional installation.
In addition, Sky Angel provides subscribers with the ability to maximize their viewing experience through innovative features such as 48-hour playback on faith-based TV channels and one of the largest faith and family Video On Demand (VOD) libraries available anywhere. Our subscribers enjoy quality faith-based television programming and take comfort knowing their family is watching programs that are encouraging, inspiring, and rooted in Godly principles.
At Sky Angel, it is our mission to provide a global communications platform as an instrument of unity to equip the Body of Christ to fulfill the Great Commission. We strive to build and operate a global communications system as the most effective means of assuring that the Gospel will penetrate every nation, culture and people.
If you want to work for a Company that is committed to having a major impact on people’s lives and want to be apart of a commitment to spread the Good News to the world, you couldn’t find a better place to work!
For more information, please visit our web site at www.skyangel.com
Position: National Sales Director, Affiliate Sales
Company: Sky Angel U.S., LLC
Position Location: Flexible. We will consider our primary markets, inluding but not limited to: Southwest Florida, Nashville, Chattanooga, Dallas. Other areas will be considered.
Compensation: This is a sales position. Annual base salary is $75,000 with commission. Total compensation will be based on overall sales made within a specified period of time.
Travel: 65% or more travel is expected to achieve position and Company goals and objectives
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required in sales, business development, marketing, or related area. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
Work Experience: The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of ten years in a sales role, preferably in broadcasting, television, media or Christian programming. Demonstrated successful leadership experience; a visionary with a strong track record of effectively growing an organization to the next level and improving sales
This position will be accountable for the development and implementation of sales initiatives for Sky Angel. This position will be responsible for maximizing the company's profitability and sales volume on its product lines. The selected individual will use market research to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities, evaluate market reaction to advertising and adjust sales strategies to reflect changing conditions.
Other position responsibilities include:
• Strategic development and oversight for sales related programs and initiatives to support the Company’s company growth
• Develop annual operational sales plans for the two major product lines: television based product and web/internet based product.
• Responsible for achievement of sales goals and revenue growth, while maintaining expenses.
• Design, recommend and implement sales compensation systems.
• Responsible for training sales representatives in all aspects of sales including techniques, retention, concepts, etc.
• Monitor sales and market trends to analyze, review, and revise sales plans based on the results of the findings.
• Research and recommend new sales and marketing programs to add value and profitability to products and/or services.
• Develop and implement lean methods and/or procedures to monitor sales and work activity.
• Consult and participate with Executive Team in establishing and pursuing appropriate strategies and continuous improvement.
• Work closely with Engineering, Programming and Media Sales teams for most effective results
• Provide feedback and work closely with Marketing team to develop and improve product placement and performance, pricing strategies, competitive assessment.
• Responsible for establishing and managing all sales efforts, including large and national accounts.
• Develop and implement overall sales strategy including but not limited to websites, social networking, and other marketing efforts.
• Develop high performing team around competencies needed to support current and future business needs.
Position / Candidate Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree is required in sales, business development, marketing, or related area. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of ten years in a sales role, preferably in broadcasting, television, media or Christian programming. Demonstrated successful leadership experience; a visionary with a strong track record of effectively growing an organization to the next level and improving sales